Senior/Environmental Consultant EIA – Global Property Firm
Bristol, Central London, North West, UK Wide • £35K to £50K + Significant Benefits & Bonus • Ref: JSM 12151
Posted 11th November 2021
Are you an ambitious EIA practitioner open to a new and exciting challenge outside mainstream consultancy? Would you like to work for a leading property advisor servicing prestigious clients across the UK and Europe?
I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced specialist who is hungry for a career enhancing challenge to join an in-house team of this global property consultancy. My client is an award-winning firm, highly respected within the commercial real estate sector.
This role would suit someone with upwards of 3 years consultancy experience providing EIA and associated services. This is a challenging position that will stretch you professionally and offer great scope for fast tracking your career.
Manchester, Bristol or London with significant flexible working arrangements
About the Team
My client established team’s core service is EIA consultancy, along with a range of other services including ES Reviews, Socio-Economic Impact Assessment and Health Impact Assessment. They service a range of prestigious clients helping to deliver sustainable, viable and implementable schemes on complex sites.
The team are currently on course to increase their annual turnover by over 65% from last year, having recently been successful on a number of high-profile instructions across the UK. They are therefore looking at expanding their established team. This is a great opportunity to join a small, dynamic team with ambitions for continued organic growth.
My client can give you the opportunity to work on large scale, complex and challenging schemes for high profile clients. You will get involved in projects at an early stage, providing strategic level advice at the site purchase/options stage, through to preparation and submission of the Environmental Statement and dealing with post submission queries. Uniquely with this role, you can also get involved in developing an integrated EIA and social value assessment offering for their clients, which will differentiate you in the market.
My client is a dynamic and exciting business to be part of. They have a highly rewarding culture which is employee focused and offers significant scope for training and progression.
Within the team are some great individuals with significant experience developed over many years. They work in a professional but noncorporate way and are very collaborative. And they don’t use timesheets!
· Assisting with business planning for the team
· Support business development, building relationships with internal and external clients
· Assisting with the management of forecasting, invoicing, disbursements and bad debts
· Day-to-day EIA project management and coordination
· Lead author and editor of environmental statements
· Attending meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and statutory and non-statutory consultees
· Preparation of fee proposals
· Educated to at least degree level in environmental science or a related subject
· A minimum of 4 years EIA consultancy experience
· Demonstrable track record of developing client relationships
· Demonstrable track record in delivering proportionate EIA on complex sites across the UK
· Membership of a relevant professional body, such as IEMA. Ideally, full membership of IEMA and Chartered Environmentalist status
· Detailed knowledge of the EIA process and UK EIA Regulations, as well as the planning system
· A keen eye for detail
· Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
· Good commercial awareness
This is a fantastic opportunity outside of the normal mainstream consultancy roles often available. It offers significant scope for progression and financial reward.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting position, please feel free to make contact for more information on this and other exciting opportunities we are working on.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.