Senior Environmental Manager (Site Based)
Bristol, South West • £35K to £45K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 11973
Posted 24th January 2020
A fantastic career opportunity to be involved in a high-profile project near Bristol. You will be joining a friendly and multi-disciplined environmental consultancy.
My client is looking for a Senior Environmental Manager to join their substantial and growing presence in major infrastructure and development across Britain and be involved in Nationally Significant Infrastructure (NSIP) projects.
They are one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies and are able to provide their clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental assessment and management consultancy services supported in-house by allied technical services in the full range of environmental disciplines required for the successful planning, design, consenting and delivery of major infrastructure and development projects.
Their company ethos is to employ, develop and retain talented people. They have an excellent work culture – friendly and vibrant. Working for my client is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. Across all sectors, they have developed a strong philosophy of collaborative working within Alliances and other project teams, together with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
The role will see you on this high-profile project for 12 months, before then moving on to other schemes with in the firm within the EIA and Environmental Management team.
The successful candidate will be working with an Assistant Environmental Manager and being based on site within 20 minutes of Bristol.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· Experienced environmental professional with upwards of 4 years working in a site-based environment on major construction projects.
· This role will suit someone who has worked on major infrastructure projects, ideally NSIP projects, and has a good understanding of typical environmental contractual and regulatory requirements and ensuring that these are implemented.
· A strong health and safety ethos, good personal management, communication and negotiation skills and an appreciation of what is practical and achievable.
· You must be confident at environmental decision making and working under pressure, as well as communicating the environmental requirements of the project to the site team and facilitating a better understanding of these requirements at senior level meetings.
Additionally, suitable experienced candidates will also need:
· A good understanding of environmental issues on a construction site (eg ecology; noise; flood risk; archaeology; pollution prevention; etc).
· Professional membership preferable e.g. MIEMA or equivalent, and/or Environmental Auditing qualification.
· CSCS card.
· Provide the project with environmental leadership, including assisting with environmental awareness training of professional staff, construction managers and operatives.
· Update (as required) and ensure compliance with the project Environmental Management Plan, Site Waste Management Plan, other relevant environmental management plans and associated documentation.
· Coordinate and work with a range of environmental technical specialists that will be needed to support certain environmental licence applications or project needs.
· Ensure site compliance with DCO requirements and environmental consent and licence conditions throughout construction through regular environmental inspections and audits.
· Maintain the project environmental consents register and ensure all required consents are applied for in accordance with the project programme.
· Carry out regular environmental audits of design and construction activities.
· Manage and co-ordinate the application, negotiation and implementation of all necessary environment-related consents and licences, including highways and traffic issues.
· Compile and present environmental and consents performance reports, as appropriate, in line with project KPIs and other objectives.
· Effectively liaise with statutory consultees, interest groups and the general public as required.
· Coordinate the need for additional environmental works on a project, through requesting quotes from my client or their third party environmental specialists; advising the client on the requirements and costs of such additional works; in addition to reviewing and submitting RAMS on behalf of the environmental specialists and organising their site access, inductions etc.
· Oversee compliance with the project’s / client’s sustainability policies and objectives, including any ISO14001 Environmental Management System policies.
About this Opportunity
· £commensurate with experience
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
· Regular training and development
· Access to a pool car
· Travel expenses to the site from Bristol will be reimbursed
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.