Central London, Greater London • £35K - £45K + Bens • Ref: JSM 11964
Posted 10th January 2020
Exciting opportunity for an ambitious Ecologist to play a lead role within a growing mid-sized UK consultancy. Joining an existing ecology team, you will play a lead role in the management and growth of this successful team.
My client has offices throughout the UK. The position would be ideally based in London, but other locations will be considered.
Responding to the ever-increasing demand from diverse range of clients, my client is looking to build on their success and bring in an experienced ecologist at either Senior or Principal grade. Operating across variety of sectors including aviation, commercial development and infrastructure. With Biodiversity net gain at the forefront of their mission, they influence their clients to promote the interests of nature conservation. They are looking for someone to join a business providing more than traditional compliance-based approaches.
As a Senior Ecologist within the team, you’ll be able to influence the direction and working culture within the wider ecology team, experiment with new methods, and take control of your training and career path, learning through our management training programmes including my clients’ Academy. My clients’ approach is also data focussed, integrating GIS, technology and smart data collection methods to their workflow.
My client is a leading independent provider of environmental services across the United Kingdom, they also work globally through their membership of an international consultancy network.
London (other locations considered)
· Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
· At least four years post qualification experience in a consultancy environment. Alternative qualifications with a greater level of experience will be considered.
· Desirable to be a Member of Professional Body preferably working towards Chartered status.
· Bat license desirable, ideally hold at least one other protected species license.
Experience & Skills
· Experienced in supervision of/undertaking site assessment works.
· A track record of managing the practical technical and financial aspects of developing proposals through to delivery and completion of the projects.
· A working knowledge of office/field assessment work relative to the discipline and assessment and interpretation of the results of the findings of field work, together with a willingness to travel throughout the UK for work.
· Production of structured factual and interpretative reports assimilating desk study data, and information from third parties to provide solutions to the client’s issues as determined by the brief.
· Knowledge of analytical skills using computer software and technical guidance documents for the assessment of data to determine the required outcome for the project.
· A team player with sound communication skills.
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc).
· Full Driving License.
· To effectively communicate and manage a delivery team to achieve a project brief through provision of efficient and professional services.
· With the support of an appropriate person at a higher grade provide solutions to technical problems and write technical reports or delivery.
· To provide clear and factually correct reports that require minimal re-writing or amendment by an authorising signatory.
· Undertake proposal preparation with the support of an appropriate person at a higher grade.
· To work within and be a champion for, the company health, safety and environmental policy.
· When requested, input to Company initiatives.
· To demonstrate an understanding of and comply with legislation, Company policies and procedures and work within agreed resources.
· Contribute to the achievement of Company objectives through positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, with clients and with suppliers.
· To promote the Company and its services to others.
· Undertake ongoing CPD.
· To provide support and assistance to all staff as appropriate.
· Lead by example and share both knowledge and experience with other team members.
· To provide coaching and mentoring of junior staff to bring about improvements in their skill base.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the team/ business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.