Senior Planning Consultant, Leading Independent Consultancy
West Midlands • £35K - £45K + Attractive Benefits Package • Ref: JSM 11865
Posted 7th January 2019
Highly regarded leading Independent Planning Consultancy offering exceptional opportunity for an ambitious Planner to join their established Birmingham team at Senior Grade. My client is an award-winning Independent Consultancy who can offer you a highly rewarding and exciting career.
My client has a long track record providing high level advice on planning matters and development projects to a range of clients. The business has built enviable relationships with many types of clients focussing on a broad range of sectors including retail, residential, commercial and industrial, leisure and tourism and infrastructure.
The business has built enviable relationships with many types of clients including landowners, asset managers, developers, retailers and investment banks, helping them to minimise risk and maximise the value of their assets and their development potential through the planning process. Its bespoke and agile approach to solving complex planning issues for clients sets it apart from the competition. My client is successful in a broad range of sectors including retail, residential, commercial and industrial, leisure and tourism and infrastructure.
Due to ongoing success, my client is set for another strong year, which will see the company grow further in the coming 3 to 6 months. Due to significant workloads of exciting projects, my client is seeking a Senior Level Planner to join their established team in Birmingham.
As part of a highly successful team you will be working closely with the Directors to provide high quality planning advice and support to private and public-sector clients. The position will be varied and offer you plenty of scope to broaden your experience.
Typical duties to include:
· Undertake planning research and analysis
· Providing high quality planning advice to clients
· Prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts
· Prepare planning applications, including planning statements
· Contribute to the preparation and editing of reports which support planning applications including Design and Access statements, architectural plans, daylight and sunlight statements, sustainability statements and transport statements
· Advise on post planning consent work, including discharge of conditions and legal agreements
· Liaise with various stakeholders including planning officers, clients and third parties
· Assist with drawing up, presenting and negotiating competitive fee proposals
· Preparing reports
· Maintain an awareness of planning policy and practice, market conditions and the impact of government policies
· Negotiating development proposals with local authorities and others;
· Writing and submitting appeals
· Presenting proposals at public meetings or planning committees
· Being creative and commercial to come up with solutions to satisfy all parties
Ideally you will have upwards of four years proven industry experience, along with being MRTPI or close to. My client is able to offer highly rewarding and exciting career for suitably ambitious and motivated individuals who are looking to excel in their planning career.
Your planning skills should be clear to see and you should be able to demonstrate excellent project management skills, good financial awareness and an enthusiasm for taking your career to the next step. You will have the chance to work across all sectors of planning and will enjoy a diverse portfolio of projects.
My client has an excellent reputation in the market and have won numerous planning awards. They are set for continued growth well in to 2019 and can offer fast track careers for suitably minded individuals.
If this has piqued your interest at all, please get in touch for a discrete chat to find out more about how JSM can help you with your next career move sooner rather than later.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.