Senior/Consultant Heritage Specialist/Conservation Officer
• £26K - £38K + Bens & Bonus • Ref: JSM 11847
Posted 19th October 2018
Unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced heritage specialist to work in a hybrid role where you will be working in both the private and public sector.
My client is at the forefront of environmental consultancy in the public sector. Their staff support public and private sector organisations to deliver sustainable development.
Due to the growth of their business, they are seeking a highly-motivated, enthusiastic and versatile historic buildings specialist to join their established team. My client is looking for a resourceful and creative collaborator, who will relish the opportunity to develop and share their ideas and expertise, contributing to the collective intelligence of the team and their clients.
The role will be based 2 to 3 days from their offices in Chelmsford, but with scope to work across the wider South East region. My client offers you the opportunity to develop your career in an area with a rich and varied heritage of historic buildings and places. With a focus on delivering sustainable development, you will help us to provide professional and high-quality historic environment services. The role will require initiative, good communication and negotiation skills, including attendance at client consultation meetings and liaising with partners and external stakeholders.
The role offers a diverse mix of responsibilities that are unparalleled in the sector, including:
· Acting both as a local authority conservation officer and a heritage consultant you will be providing historic buildings advice
· Completing heritage assessments, conservation area appraisals and historic environment characterisation
· Desk based and archival research
· Assisting with the development and delivery of my clients Traditional Building Skills and Conservation Courses
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject, with upwards of three years post-qualification experience
· Ideally full membership of the Institute of Historic Buildings Conservation
· Strong knowledge of legislation, planning policy and good practice relating to the historic environment, including office and site-based practices and procedures
· Good understanding of commercial practices and how these contribute to the success of the wider team, with sales and marketing experience, including preparation of bids and tenders
· Strong technical experience to a high standard, including: planning and listed buildings advice, heritage assessments and appraisals, conservation area appraisals, EIA and Conservation Management Planning
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing, publication and presentation, allied with confident and professional interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Strong project management skills
· Full driving licence and willingness to travel on a regular basis
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.