Engagement Lead – Nature Recovery
East Anglia, Flexible Home Working, UK Wide • Circa £50K to £58K + Excellent Bens • Ref: JSM 1145
Posted 22nd February 2024
Exciting Opportunity in Corporate Biodiversity for a Business & Relationship Manager works as their Engagement Lead, Integrated Biodiversity Assessment Tool (IBAT).
My client is a UK-based charity, working globally with various organisations and governments. A specialist centre on biodiversity, they lead global efforts in shaping policies and solutions to address the crisis facing nature. Join their growing Nature Economy and IBAT teams, where you'll play a pivotal role at the intersection of biodiversity and the private sector.
Cambridgeshire/Flexible Home Working
The role can be based anywhere in the UK with travel to Cambridge 2 to 3 times a month.
Responsibilities & Tasks
· Develop and execute a dynamic Business Development Strategy and Marketing Plan aligned with IBAT's Strategic Plan, driving growth.
· Mentor and empower IBAT's Programme Officers, ensuring they excel in expanding IBAT's reach to meet market demands.
· Proactively anticipate capacity needs and lead recruitment efforts for Programme Officers.
· Cultivate strategic partnerships with professional service firms, tech companies, NGOs, and data providers, negotiating agreements and fostering relationships to fuel business expansion.
· Innovate and manage a pipeline of user-centric products to revolutionize IBAT's offerings and user experience.
· Conduct engaging virtual and in-person demonstrations of IBAT to potential subscribers.
· Direct user engagement efforts, including support, training, and marketing activities, to enhance IBAT's impact.
· Act as a deputy for the IBAT Manager as required.
Additionally, the post holder will
· Collaborate with stakeholders across the IBAT Alliance.
· Foster team development and capacity building within IBAT.
· Represent IBAT globally at prestigious events, workshops, and conferences, both online and in person, and oversee event organization as needed.
· International travel may be required.
· 5+ years experience in a business development or enterprise sales role, with a demonstrated ability to drive growth.
· Experience of successfully leading high performing and growing teams, including capacity building and recruitment.
· Proven track record of delivering complex projects.
· Experience representing organisations at high profile at events.
· Experience managing strategic partnerships with a variety of stakeholders across the business, financial and NGO sectors.
· Proven experience working on business and biodiversity-related topics.
· Robust understanding of biodiversity and conservation principles.
· In-depth knowledge of biodiversity datasets, ideally the World Database on Protected Areas, the World Database of Key Biodiversity Areas, and the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
· Experience in one or more of the IBAT Alliance organisations, or an international conservation NGO.
· Experience of marketing and sales plans to deliver technology-based products.
· Fluency in other languages, particularly Spanish or French.
· Strategic Thinking: Proven expertise in strategic planning, applying critical thinking to solve complex problems, and devising plans for the future. Possesses strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, and planning skills.
· Professionalism & Initiative: Exhibits high levels of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity, and flexibility in approaching tasks and challenges.
· Entrepreneurial Mindset: Self-motivated and driven individual with a strong entrepreneurial mindset, capable of generating opportunities and achieving ambitious goals.
· Goal-Oriented: Motivated by KPIs and excels in exceeding them, with a keen focus on achieving and surpassing targets.
· Networking & Relationship Management: Thrives in environments that require networking and relationship management, adept at building and nurturing connections.
· Project Management: Strong project management, administrative, and organizational skills, including effective prioritization and meeting deadlines.
· Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation, and facilitation abilities across various audiences and media.
· Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to motivate staff to deliver high-quality outputs.
· Language Proficiency: Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for the role.
· Autonomy & Collaboration: Capable of working autonomously and collaboratively within a team, both face-to-face and remotely, and open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Type of Person Required
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, strategic, and innovative, with a deep passion for biodiversity and a commitment to advancing the global biodiversity agenda. You will possess an understanding of private and financial sector culture and operations, coupled with a practical approach to problem-solving.
Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential, along with a proactive and resourceful approach to achieving results. The candidate should thrive in a startup environment, demonstrating an entrepreneurial mindset and a keen interest in providing practical support and solutions to address real-world challenges.
Rewards & Benefits
· Highly competitive salary
· Exciting benefits and great career opportunities
· Extensive training and scope for progression and reward
· Significant input into the growth and development of the business
Ready to make a positive impact on nature and the business world? Join my client on this incredible journey! Apply now or have a discreet conversation to learn more about the role and their passionate team.
#Biodiversity #BusinessManager #NatureEconomy #JobOpportunity #ConservationLeadership
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Environmental and Sustainability, including ESG, EIA and Ecology, Contaminated Land, Environmental Planning, Air Quality and Noise.
Phone - 01934 312155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.