Senior ESG Consultant
Central London • £50K - £60K + Exceptional Bens Dependant on Experience • Ref: JSM 12124
Posted 13th September 2021
Career defining opportunity for an experienced ESG Consultant to play a pivotal role within a leading consultancy business working on a host of prestigious projects in the UK and globally.
My client is one of the most respected firms to work for. They are independent multi-disciplinary consultancy offering a broad range of professional services on some of the most significant projects in the UK and globally. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
This opportunity would see you joining my clients Environmental Consultancy Business, based in London, with flexible home/office working arrangements to suit your needs.
My client is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced senior ESG consultant, specialising in responsible business, ESG strategy and reporting.
Your role will be to lead work with clients at a corporate /organisational /portfolio level across a range of sectors, and in particular support the growth of my client’s sustainable finance team.
Typical work will involve:
· Visioning and future scenario testing
· Materiality Assessment
· Objective, target and KPI setting
· Sustainability/ESG Strategy development
· Strategy implementation
· Monitoring and assessment
· Reporting and feedback
· Investor disclosure
· In delivering this work, the role requires close working with other teams across the business.
You will be a Project Manager on a number of projects, responsible for understanding a client's needs, bringing together the right skills from across the organisation, and managing all aspects of the project to deliver valuable outcomes for the client.
The role is very client focussed, and you will manage relationships with a variety of different firms.
You will be involved in various activities including mentoring, resource management, marketing and business planning and be able to lead on bidding processes for new work.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be a key technical ambassador for my client, working closely with our clients as well as the wider industry. You will be a self-motivated, proactive, realistic and collaborative person that strives to deliver solutions of the highest quality and exhibits an excellent attention to detail.
My client is seeking someone who is a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual with existing environmental/sustainability consultancy experience, able to work on your own initiative. You will have knowledge, or first-hand experience, in most or all of the following areas:
· Experience in developing and implementing sustainability strategies/management systems for organisations/sectors
· Experience developing ESG/sustainability reports in accordance with recognised standards
· Strong Project Management skills
· Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
Knowledge of relevant standards and schemes including:
· Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
· Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD)
· EMS ISO 14001
Desirable skills and knowledge:
· Experience across a range of sectors in both industry and consulting, particularly the property, infrastructure, retail and finance sectors
· Background in sustainable finance or economics
· Sustainable Supply Chain Management
· Sustainability Training
· Sustainable Event Management
· Education to degree level but preferably a master’s degree
· Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent
· Chartered Environmentalist or working towards Chartered Environmentalist
In addition to technical skills, other competencies will include:
· Excellent leadership and organisational skills
· Strong project management skills including demonstrable experience of managing financial and quality performance and risk
· Strong business development skills, with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business, for example managing and coordinating proposals
· Strong desire to encourage junior team members in their professional development
· Proficient in excel
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
They offer significant training and support towards ongoing learning and career progression.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.