Senior Principal EIA Consultant/Coordinator
Scotland, North East • £40K - £55K + Exceptional Bens • Ref: JSM 12118
Posted 16th August 2021
Career defining opportunity for an Environmental Consultant to play a pivotal role within a leading consultancy business working on a host of prestigious projects in the UK and globally.
My client is one of the most respected firms to work for. They are independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
They are looking for someone to support our growing portfolio of projects, focusing on the major cross-cutting agenda of the environment and to help embed environmental sustainability into the projects we deliver. Work is likely to include:
· Assisting and leading multidisciplinary environmental teams.
· Co-ordinating work between our engineers and environmental technical specialists including inputting to and shaping project designs and outputs.
· Identifying the need for and coordinating environmental inputs to infrastructure projects.
· Preparing Environmental Statements and other environmental reports across a range of project types.
· Client facing on environmental aspects of projects.
· Supporting business development and winning work activities.
You will work across sectors, markets, and geographies and with colleagues and clients to deliver these services.
North – Newcastle/Edinburgh/Glasgow
Responsibilities & Tasks
You will work within a growing regional team with diverse backgrounds in environment, ecology, landscape, water, air quality, climate and more in the vanguard of sustainable development and transformational change. The team delivers a varied and impactful portfolio of projects in many market segments, including water, cities, transport, and property sectors. Their core team of environmental specialists sits within the wider national portfolio of over 450 environmental professionals globally. Working at scales ranging across national, sectoral, city, organisation, programme and asset levels, helping clients manage the risks and opportunities in the environment.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
Potential candidates are likely to have demonstrable experience of environmental coordination and assessment, with a commitment to sustainable development. You will be required to be able to demonstrate the below:
· Experience of undertaking environmental assessments.
· Experience of developing environmental mitigation strategies.
· Experience of working with diverse multi-disciplinary design teams to influence environmental mitigation.
· Working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines.
· Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
· Effective written communication and report writing skills.
· Experience in environmental consulting
· Degree in a relevant topic
· Working towards Chartered Environmentalist status through an appropriate institution.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.