Principal/Associate Sustainability Consultant – Decarbonisation Policy
Bristol, South Wales, South West • £50K – £55K + Exceptional Bens • Ref: JSM 12109
Posted 19th July 2021
Exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Climate Change and Decarbonisation specialist to join one of the most sought-after consultancy firms in a pivotal role. My client is one of the most highly regarded consultancies globally, they work at the forefront of sustainability and climate change consulting and boasts some of the most talented minds in the industry.
Working at Local and National level they provide strategic advice to a whole range of prestigious clients, supporting them in achieving net zero and climate change resilience.
This role will see you at the forefront of advising and developing policies, integrating multiple services to support the drive towards a more sustainable future.
You will consult with a host of prestigious organisation types to achieve their sustainable business and corporate responsibility aspirations, developing policy, assessing impact, creative design and implementation, gaining regulatory approvals, reporting publicly, managing risk and controlling costs.
My client’s environment team in Cardiff is a trusted adviser in Sustainability and Environmental Assessment as a key part of their commitment to Sustainable Development. Their team has a strong, shared commitment to a multi-disciplinary, integrated solutions to support project delivery in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and in Wales, the Well-Being of Future Generations Act.
My client is a multidisciplinary group of consultants working alongside engineering, design, planning and digital specialists throughout project lifecycles from to feasibility, design and assessment, to construction and implementation. They work in a range of sectors with public and private sector clients with a focus on cities, energy, water and transport.
Cardiff or Bristol with significant flexible working options available.
in this role, you will work as part of a peer group of specialists and project managers, supported by a strong and diverse team of consultants and senior leaders. The role requires strong content knowledge in the field of environment and sustainability, together with excellent project co-ordination, report writing and communication skills. The role requires strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with others.
Responsibilities include and coordination and delivery of decarbonisation advisory services, local area, regional and strategic energy planning, low carbon assessments, mitigation and enhancement design for major infrastructure projects, zero emissions transport advisory services, and sustainability advisory services.
You will have knowledge, or first-hand experience of climate and decarbonisation in the context of strategic planning, policy and/or major infrastructure planning. An appreciation of sustainability policy and agendas and interrelationships between environment, social trends, health and well-being.
Your role will include:
· Coordination of multi-disciplinary environmental, sustainability and consulting teams
· Being an integrator across the business and championing our net zero and climate services plan
· Preparing and delivering compelling client- and public-facing reports
· Developing comprehensive reports recommendations for mitigation and enhancement
· Preparing and delivering presentations and/or training to client teams and stakeholders
· Active participation in knowledge and skills networks within and the wider professional community
· Contributing to the corporate sustainability of my client as a firm
Requirements & Skills
Essential Skills & Knowledge
· Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree in a relevant environmental or sustainability related discipline
· Experience and track record in at least two of: sustainability strategy and policy, net zero energy systems, transport decarbonisation, carbon accounting, sustainable infrastructure planning
· Experience working in a relevant field of consulting.
· Understanding of the principles of sustainable development, UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Well-Being of Future Generations (Wales) Act
· Experience with writing and editing technical and non-technical reports
· Project and commercial management experience, including project planning and budgeting.
· Candidates should be chartered or working towards chartership in a relevant professional institution e.g. IEMA
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
· Experience of preparing commercial bids/bid responses, winning work etc
· Knowledge of current UK/Wales and international environment and sustainability policy and legislation
· Experience of major programme management or working within an engineering environment
· Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
· Experience in a client-facing role
· Experience of developing digital, design or media strategies for projects.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.