Senior Environmental & Social Due Diligence Consultant
Central London, UK Wide • £42K – £47K + Exceptional Bens • Ref: JSM 12106
Posted 9th July 2021
Career defining opportunity for an Environmental and/or Social Due Diligence Consultant to play a pivotal role within a leading consultancy business working on a host of prestigious projects in the UK and globally.
My client is one of the most respected firms to work for. They are independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
This opportunity would see you joining my clients Environmental Consultancy Business, based in London, with hybrid home/office working arrangements.
You would mainly be working on environmental and social due diligence projects, both as part of wider technical due diligence and as standalone assignments. Clients would include private sector investors, lenders and export credit agencies.
You would be a specialist member of the Environmental Assessment team. The team also works across environmental assessment, including Environmental (and Social) Impact Assessment, and also other impact assessment types such as health and equalities assessments. There would be opportunities to work across these areas and to shape your own career direction.
You would be responsible for managing projects, working with the project director and other team members to win and deliver projects. You would be expected to be self-motivated and capable of working independently. You would be in regular communication with multi-disciplinary project teams and clients. Client management would be an important aspect of the role, including maintaining relationships with clients to secure forward workload fantastic yeah really good drawing hand.
You would ultimately report to the Director responsible for the team.
You will have the following previous experience, knowledge and academic training:
· Experience of environmental and social due diligence of medium or large scale infrastructure projects, and the preparation of due diligence reports;
· Excellent report writing skills;
· Experience of winning work and managing client relationships;
· A good honours degree in environmental science or other relevant subject; qualification to masters level on a relevant course would be an advantage;
· Working knowledge of UK and European environmental legislation and environmental and social standards applied by lenders;
· Membership of a relevant institution (e.g. IEMA, IES), and having achieved or be progressing towards chartership;
· A desire to improve ways of working through process improvements, possibly including digital transformation;
· Excellent communication skills will be essential.
The following knowledge or skills would also be desirable:
· Working knowledge of sustainability issues and skills in other complementary fields, e.g. environmental impact assessment, strategic environmental assessment, sustainability appraisal, health impact assessment, environmental management.
· Additional languages.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
They offer significant training and support towards ongoing learning and career progression.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.