Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant - Water
Bristol, South Coast, South Wales, South West • £40K – £45K + Exceptional Bens • Ref: JSM 12102
Posted 24th June 2021
Exceptional opportunity for a Senior Environmental Consultant to join an established team within one of the most highly regarded consultancies globally. My client is at the forefront of sustainability and climate change consulting and boasts some of the most talented people in the industry.
My client is part of a 40+ multidisciplinary Environmental & Sustainability Team supporting collaborative service frameworks delivering major infrastructure projects throughout the UK across key sectors. This is an opportunity for an Environmental Consultant to join my client’s successful, growing environmental team in the West (Bristol, Cardiff & Winchester).
You will be working across a variety of projects including major infrastructure projects, with a particular focus on the water sector. Be part of a wider consulting team, working in a truly integrated and multi-disciplinary way across Southern England and Wales collaborating with colleagues across the UK and internationally.
Based in my client’s Bristol, Cardiff or Winchester office, with an expectation of a high level of mobility across the West region and throughout the UK as projects require, working alongside the teams in these locations. You will be providing robust senior level Environmental and Water Science expertise to major infrastructure consenting or environmental enhancement projects with a focus on the water sector. You will also be taking a key role in relationship building and work winning with a focus on the water sector.
Key experience for this position is for a strong demonstrable experience around the water sector. My client works extensively with water companies such as Southern Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent, Bristol and Thames. The successful candidate will be managing significant projects for these types of clients and will need to have a very good track record in this area. You will need to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience (more likely to be around eight). Bristol first choice, Cardiff second choice Winchester considered as long you will travel.
Essential Requirements & Skills
· Degree and/or masters in an environmental related topic
· Chartered status with CIWEM, IEMA or similar
· Significant water sector experience
· Track record of working with designers on large infrastructure projects, particularly within the water sector
· Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with other groups (e.g. Planning, Transport and Project Management)
· Capacity to take a key role in business development: promotion, marketing and bid preparation;
· Capable of supporting the delivery of a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice
· Experience of maintaining and developing client relationships
· Experience of line management and/or mentoring roles
· Support to effective project delivery and within budget and programmes assigned to specific area of work
· Capable of explaining complex processes and highly technical subject matters in a way that is understandable – using plain English
· Capable of identifying issues or risks and communicating these to the senior project team that affect the delivery of a project
Desirable Requirements & Skills
· Support to delivery of projects securing consent under the provision of the Planning Act 2008
· Experience of managing Hydrology / Flood Risk / Water Framework Directive assessments
· Experience of drafting Environmental Statement water topic chapters and Water Framework Directive compliance assessments
· Skills and experience in Natural Flood Management and associated technical areas
· Understanding of UK planning process and environmental legislation, knowledge of project consents secured under the Planning Act 2008, understanding of Water Framework Directive and its application
· Digital skills – used of advanced data analysis or presentation techniques or packages
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.