Principal Consultant – Waste & Resources
Central London • Up To £65K + Bens • Ref: JSM 12094
Posted 3rd June 2021
Principal/Associate Waste and Resources Consultant to join an established team within one of the most prestigious consultancies globally. My client is at the forefront of Sustainability and Climate Change consulting and boasts some of the most talented people in the industry.
My client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
You would be joining my client’s Resources and Waste team in London and be part of a progressive, enthusiastic, and creative team working on multi-disciplinary and high-profile projects of national importance in the UK, India, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Globally.
The role will primarily focus on the preparation of sustainable resource and waste management strategies, and the preparation of waste related environmental impact assessments for major developments in London, the UK and globally.
You would need to undertake and supervise technical work, manage specialist and multi-disciplinary project teams, and be responsible for quality and budget control. Client liaison, leading proposal preparation from inception to completion, and marketing my client’s offering will also be important aspects of the role.
A full member of CIWM with consultancy experience, you should be highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative. Excellent project management skills are essential together with proven business development experience and team leadership potential.
My client is seeking a hard-working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses good attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative.
Being able to travel across the UK and work away from home, with potential periods of international travel on assignments, when required.
You would report to the resource and waste business leader in London.
Ideally You Will Have the Following
Essential Skills & Knowledge
Potential candidates are likely to be able to demonstrate experience in some of the following areas:
· Excellent knowledge of UK and EU resource and waste policy and legislation including circular economy principles, carbon reduction and resource consumption.
· Strong technical and financial knowledge and experience of waste storage, collection, transport and treatment technologies (MRF, IVC, MBT, AD, WtE, pyrolysis and gasification etc)
· In-depth experience in developing resource and waste management strategies for local authorities and / or new development projects including knowledge of life-cycle assessment tools (e.g., WRATE)
· Good experience of waste auditing and preparation of environmental impact assessment of major development schemes
· Good presentation and report writing skills.
· A strong focus of meeting and exceeding client requirements and a commitment to excellence is critical.
· Excellent analytical skills will be required, in relation to waste technical and project management issues.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines.
· Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team.
· Excellent project management skills
· Good commercial awareness and business acumen
· A good honour and master’s degree in a relevant subject such as environmental/civil engineering, chemical engineering, environmental sciences or similar
· Full membership of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management will be ideally required.
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
· Data analytics, visualization and coding using SQL, Microsoft PowerBI and Python (or similar)
· Creating closed loop material and product flows and sustainable supply chain management
· Experience of waste planning, environmental permitting and waste procurement experience (PFI/PPP etc) including preparation of technical specifications and tender documentation
· Experience of working with International Financial Institutions (e.g. EBRD, EIB, World Bank etc)
· Experience of technical due diligence and lenders’ technical advisor roles
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme which can add significantly to your overall salary.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.