Central London • Up To £45K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 12093
Posted 3rd June 2021
My client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
Their innovative approach to environmental and sustainability consulting enables clients to achieve their sustainable business and corporate responsibility aspirations. They advise at each stage of a project or business development. My client offers a multidisciplinary service aimed at developing policy, assessing impact, creative design and implementation, gaining regulatory approvals, reporting publicly, managing risk and controlling costs.
My client is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced senior ESG/sustainability consultant, specialising in responsible business, sustainability/ESG strategy and reporting. The role is based in the Environment Team in London.
Essential Skills & Experience
· You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual with existing sustainability advisory experience, able to work on your own initiative.
· You will have knowledge, or first-hand experience, in some or all of the following areas:
· Experience supporting development and/or implementation of sustainability strategies/management systems for organisations/sectors.
· Experience supporting development of ESG/sustainability reports in accordance with recognised standards
· Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation.
Knowledge or awareness of relevant standards and schemes including:
· Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
· Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD)
· EMS ISO 14001
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Experience of one or more of the following sectors - property, infrastructure, retail and finance sectors
· Supply Chain Management
· Event Management
· Education to degree level but preferably a Masters degree
· Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent.
· Background in finance or economics
· IEMA Registered Environmental Auditor
· Training in investor disclosures such as GRESB
· Excellent coordination and organisational skills
· Ability to synthesise and communicate complex information
· Strong team-working ability
· Excellent data analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.