Senior Ecologist – Fulfil Your Potential
South East • £35K – £45K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 12090
Posted 24th May 2021
Opportunity to reach your full potential as a professional Ecologist with this incredible opportunity. My client can provide you with the best training, support and project experience to take your career to the next level as an Ecologist. Along with a highly competitive salary/package and flexible working policies to suit you.
My client is a fiercely independent, multi award winning specialist Ecology consultancy of the highest reputation. With a closely knit team of over 50 ecologists at varying levels, my client has built a fantastic reputation internally and externally.
Due to their hugely successful business model of developing a team of highly trained, motivated ecologists, along with an enviable range of clients and projects, they are looking to build further to meet the demand for their services.
JSM have been exclusively retained by this client to fill this fantastic opportunity.
Due to the ongoing success of this well-established business, my client is seeking ambitious and passionate Ecologists to support their further expansion plans. My client operates from a picturesque location in Oxfordshire with excellent transport links from the surrounding area.
Due to their incredibly successful formula, my client is looking to build their already sizeable team of ecologists at Senior or Principal grade.
What will this opportunity mean for your career?
Joining my client’s team will turbo charge your career as a professional ecologist.
· Fantastic range of projects and clients.
· Using the most innovative and effective approaches to Ecology and making a genuine positive impact on development.
· Continual training and CPD. Positively encouraged to build toward your choses protected species licenses and chartership. Wider training around, project management, team leadership and commercial skills.
· Fun interactive training and team building company days.
· Huge scope for further progression, with genuine pathway to directorships.
· A highly competitive salary and benefits package.
· Flexible working arrangements to suit you and maintain a healthy work life balance and wellbeing.
· A relaxed, friendly open planned office set in a beautiful, landscaped environment.
· Friendly, collaborative, caring and highly social culture.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced consultant Ecologist with a passion for professionalism and making a positive difference.
· A minimum of 3 – 4 years’ relevant professional experience in ecological consultancy or closely related field including the public sector or conservation bodies.
· A relevant degree and/or post graduate qualification, with a strong academic ability and record.
· The ability to produce concise, high quality, written reports.
· A sound background in natural history and familiarity with UK flora and fauna.
· Comprehensive experience with UK botanical and faunal identification.
· Knowledge and experience of Phase 1 habitat surveys.
· Knowledge and experience of undertaking protected species surveys, mitigation and licensing.
· A detailed understanding of UK wildlife legislation and policy.
· Effective teamworking and excellent communication skills.
· Full driving licence and own car.
· As a key member of the team, you will be working in a varied and interesting role. You will be organising, overseeing and undertaking a range of field survey work for habitats and faunal species (e.g., Phase 1, bats, Badger, GCN, reptiles, Otter, Water Vole, nesting birds, etc.). You will also carry out background research, prepare fee proposals, manage and analyse field survey data, manage projects, liaise with clients, as well as carrying out interpretation, proofing and writing of technical reports.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly rewarding career in Ecology with a clear pathway for progression within the company alongside a competitive salary full training and a generous package of additional benefits.
You will be working within an established happy and enthusiastic team. My client prides itself on providing its employees with an excellent work-life balance with potential for employees to work from home.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.