Geotechnical Lead/Divisional Manager
Bristol, Central London, North West, UK Wide • Highly Competitive - Salary Based on Experience • Ref: JSM 12068
Posted 26th April 2021
Exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial and ambitious minded Geotechnical professional to take up the leadership of my clients new Geotech business.
If you are looking for a role that offers an unparalleled opportunity for growth, that will unlock your career, then this is one not to be missed.
My client is an environment, energy and infrastructure consultancy with over 5,000 technical professionals and support staff located at more than 100 offices throughout the US and now in the UK. Established in the US during the 1960s, they provide integrated services to a broad range of clients with a global footprint.
Their UK business was established with in 2012. They now employ nearly 20 staff and have offices in London and Manchester. The UK team focuses on the provision of their core environmental consulting services to corporate, private equity and property clients. My client’s services are solutions driven and include advice on environmental due diligence and transaction support; contaminated land investigation and remediation; environmental planning and permitting solutions; EHS management and compliance; and energy use reporting and reduction.
To support their exciting growth plans they are looking to appoint an ambitious Geotechnical Engineer to lead the technical delivery and development of their geotechnical focussed services.
The ideal candidate will be a Charted Geotechnical Engineer or Geologist and have a proven track record in geotechnical consultancy. You will lead the technical development of my clients existing geotechnical practice by providing high quality technical input and commercially astute advice to clients. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of geotechnically focussed. You will lead on the growth of the geotechnical technical discipline, providing technical review and approval of client reports and development of new geotechnical service lines, mentoring and develop the team and support my client’s future growth plans.
Flexible – London, Bristol or Manchester
Location will be candidate driven. My client has existing offices in London and Manchester. A Bristol office will be opened in late 2021. Regardless of location, the candidate should expect some requirement to travel both to client sites and my client’s offices.
· Design, specification and management of ground investigations to meet clients goals;
· Technical leadership for key project outputs to advise clients on geotechnical parameters, ground risk, foundation and ground engineering solutions, remedial works to resolve geotechnical hazards;
· Quality leadership including final review and authorization of project outputs and technical reports;
· Mentoring and training of staff within the geo-environmental and geotechnical team to support the delivery and growth of the geotechnical practice;
· Preparing proposals including formulation of robust work scopes and budgets;
· Be client facing and able to lead discussions with clients and other stakeholders;
· Support business development and marketing initiatives;
Required Qualifications & Skills
· BSc or higher (preferably post-graduate qualification, such as MSc) in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology discipline
· Chartered engineer
· Proven track record in geotechnical assessment with particular focus on foundation design solutions, ground improvement, resolution of geotechnical hazards, mine risk, slope stability, preparation of earthworks specifications and verification assessments etc.
· Detailed understanding of relevant design codes, Eurocode and British Standards
· Excellent organisation, leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving, writing, and presenting skills
· Experience in engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships
· Must possess a driving licence and passport and be willing to travel within the UK and, occasionally, overseas
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the future growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.