Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant
West Midlands • £48K – £58K + Exceptional Bens • Ref: JSM 12063
Posted 25th March 2021
Exceptional opportunity for a Senior/Principal Environmental specialist to join an established team of within one of the most highly regarded consultancies globally. My client is at the forefront of sustainability and climate change consulting and boasts some of the most talented people in the industry.
My client is part of a 40+ multidisciplinary Environmental & Sustainability Team supporting collaborative service frameworks delivering major infrastructure projects throughout the UK across key sectors.
· Lead multidisciplinary teams of environmental specialists to support consent applications and discharge of conditions, detailed design and construction management as the UK increases investment in infrastructure development, particularly Highways and water management. You will also have the opportunity to innovate and grow services across infrastructure sectors, develop internal and external client relationships, and support collaboration with my client’s internationally renowned engineering design teams;
· Report to the Environmental Management Skill Leader and ultimately the Director responsible for the Environment & Sustainability Team;
· Be responsible for the management of multidisciplinary teams for the Environmental Impact Assessment and management of infrastructure projects, including Highways;
· Lead input to, compilation, critical review and quality assurance of Environmental Statements, non-statutory assessments, appraisals and management plans at all stages of project delivery;
· Prepare non-technical specialist sections of assessments;
· Lead individual projects and the environmental aspects of wider engineering and development projects, responsible for technical and commercial success;
· Support the team in business development activities, including identifying and pursuing opportunities;
· Prepare and lead on input into bids, proposals, and tenders for environmental services direct to major UK clients;
· Communicate effectively; develop and maintain relationships with internal; and external stakeholders.
Requirements & Skills
· A Degree or post graduate degree in an environment related science;
· Minimum of eight years professional experience working within environmental impact assessment and management of infrastructure projects, including linear infrastructure;
· Professionally qualified through relevant professional body;
· Demonstrable experience in leading environmental impact assessment of major Highways England projects and compliance with their governance processes;
· Experience of working in other sectors including rail, water, energy would be an advantage;
· In depth practical knowledge and experience of environmental requirements for consenting of infrastructure projects in the UK;
· Good knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory framework, Policy and Guidance;
· Experience of leading multi-disciplinary environmental teams;
· Experience of working closely with engineering, planning, and stakeholder engagement teams;
· Experience and appreciation of working in a Collaborative working environment across business teams and in Joint Ventures a distinct advantage;
· Proven ability to plan and manage multiple work streams within small to major large scale projects;
· Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences ranging from individual discipline technical specialists, senior projects leads, stakeholders (including stakeholder engagement) and key Clients;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of Environmental Statement authoring and editing;
· Strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business;
· Experience of, and be comfortable and confident in, a client-facing role;
· Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects;
· Demonstrate a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.