Senior/Principal Consultant Ecologist
Bristol, South West • £40K – £48K + Bens • Ref: JSM 12056
Posted 26th March 2021
My client is a multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering consultancy, operating across the UK with a strong profile in the infrastructure and environmental markets. They are looking to appoint a Senior/Principal Ecologist to join their team based in Bristol.
They have an exceptional opportunity offering the successful candidate the chance to join an award-winning consultancy, who offer a friendly and dynamic work culture, along with an exciting and challenging career path.
Owing to a growing national workload my client is looking for a range of consultants to strengthen their Bristol ecology team, with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects primarily in the regeneration, property, transport and public sectors. Whilst predominantly based in your local region, the role will include regular co-operation, travel and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with mu client’s culture.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
Candidates for the role will be degree qualified ecologists with a demonstrable track record in consultancy. Candidates should:
· A thorough knowledge of ecological legislation and planning policy in the UK
· Ideally have experience in both linear infrastructure and property development projects
· Full Membership of CIEEM and/or Chartered Ecologist status
· Have more than 5-6 year’s* experience in ecological consultancy or related sector, further experience for the Principal role
· Excellent report writing skills for PEA reports, EcIA, Biodiversity Net Gain assessments and BREEAM 2018 Assessments
· An understanding of the EIA process and have experience in undertaking or contributing to ES chapters would be an advantage
· Have experience of people management and ability to lead and develop a team
· Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication (including technical report writing) skills and an ability to prepare fee proposals
· Be able to undertake ecological surveys and desk-based studies to a high standard
· Technical review of reports
· Public enquiry experience or input would be of benefit
· Have a solid understanding of conservation legislation and protected species licensing, ideally holding at least one survey/handling licence for a protected species
· Understand the EIA process and have experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments
· Be able to provide pragmatic, commercially aware ecological advice to our portfolio of major clients
· Hold a full UK driving licence
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that has pride in the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.