Senior/Principal Contaminated Land Consultant
Central London • £45K to 55K + Significant Bens & Profit Share • Ref: JSM 12052
Posted 23rd March 2021
Unique opportunity to join one of the world’s most highly regarded Independent Engineering Consultancies with a fantastic reputation for the work they deliver and the profile of their projects. The role will be within my client’s well-established Land Contamination Advisory Team, which consists of a range of industries experts, as well as juniors and seniors.
In this exceptional opportunity, you will be working on a range of challenging and complex projects both in the UK and overseas.
Suitable candidates will have significant experience of working on complex challenging sites providing high-level advice around Land Quality issues.
Working for this client, you will have exposure to a vast range of exciting projects, as well as the opportunity to work with world-class engineers, consultants and technical specialists. Their reputation and culture make them a very enviable company to join.
You will be involved with multiple projects and be responsible for the technical input of the highest quality.
• Technical delivery of contaminated land assessments
• Managing junior staff supporting the delivery of contaminated land assessments
• Writing environmental reports
• Project management activities including programming and budget control
• Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams
• Communicating and liaising with clients
• Engaging and negotiating with stakeholders
• Assisting with contaminated land team business development and marketing
• Preparing bids and presentations
Requirements & Skills
You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and competent individual with proven environmental consultancy experience in the contaminated land field. The individual will require the following knowledge, skills and attributes.
• Excellent understanding of environmental legislation relating to contaminated land, and experience of application of relevant legislation, policy and guidance in respect to assessment for a range of project types
• A strong focus on meeting and exceeding client requirements and a commitment to excellence
• Strong client management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable working on multiple tasks and projects at any one time
• Proven ability in project leadership
• Ability to manage and direct more junior staff
• Good analytical skills with a focus on finding solutions in relation to assessment technical and project management issues
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent report writing skills
• Experience of working within a commercial environment, including client liaison, programme and time management, quality assurance and financial/budget control
• Strong client management skills
• A good honours degree in a relevant subject
• Member of a relevant institute (e.g. CIWM, IES) and full Chartered status
Why Choose This Role?
• My client has an enviable reputation as a fantastic employer with a significant focus on employee welfare. They offer significant scope for flexible working as well as a highly tailored flexible benefits package that can be used in a variety of ways to suit an individual’s needs
• They offer a fantastic continual development programme and ongoing training to develop your career in a direction of your choosing
• You will be working alongside many industry leaders and have the opportunity to significantly raise your profile in the industry
Reward & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector. Their core benefits include private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes. My client fully supports and safeguards your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of benefits to suit your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are even cautiously looking, I would highly recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.