Senior/Principal/Associate Sustainability Consultant
Central London, UK Wide • £45K – £60K + Highly Attractive Bens Package • Ref: JSM 12041
Posted 11th February 2021
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Sustainability professional to join my client’s Sustainability Group in their London Team. The Sustainability Group also has teams based in Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Oxford, and Plymouth that support the firm across the UK as well as their expanding international work.
As a group they provide diverse sustainability consultancy services for a range of projects, across all sectors, promoting sustainable development, adopting an outcomes-based approach to building performance and design.
This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career, but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole.
London (other locations considered). Including significant flexible working arrangements
Ideally You Will Have the Following
You will be expected to have competence in a number of the following fields, with the order of priority for this role as follows;
· Embodied carbon assessments
· Whole life carbon appraisals
· Circular economy strategies and low carbon materials
· Sustainability strategies
· Sustainable master-planning
· Environmental Assessment Methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, SKA
· Health and Wellbeing Assessment Methodologies such as WELL, FitWel, RESET
· Energy strategies
· Building Regulations Part L assessments using NHER / Elmhurst and IES
· Energy modelling and assessment
· Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
· Façade performance evaluation
· Parametric environmental design assessment
· Renewable energy feasibility studies
What You Will Be Doing
· Project leadership and supporting the operations of the team
· Technical competence/leadership in your area of expertise. As well as project-related work, the Group engages directly with industry undertaking research and development studies, and authoring industry guidance
· My client holds key positions on national design commissions and influential industry bodies
· The role also presents the opportunity for involvement in this aspect of the Group’s work to those keen to have a direct influence on the industry
· You will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working within the built environment sector and looking to grow as a leader in the fields of sustainable design and whole-life carbon
· Already working within a sustainability, architecture, or engineering consultancy, you will be looking for a new challenge within a practice at the very forefront of our field
· You will bring expertise (with a degree in engineering / architecture / science, and experience in the field) and a passion for creating sustainable solutions
· You will relish being part of dynamic team within a progressive and well-respected firm
· My client requires good communication skills and an enthusiasm for working within a team environment
About My Client
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. The approach to environmental sustainability, led by the work of the Sustainability Group, has been instrumental to their success.
Their Sustainability Group is an industry leader in its approach to sustainability design, construction and building operation. Focused on achieving ever greater standards of environmental sustainability, the Group thrives on its dynamic, innovative, and ambitious working culture. The Group’s work spans all sectors of construction, to include property development and property management.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
· Private medical scheme
· Life Assurance
· Income protection
· Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
· 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
· Contributory pension scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Tax free childcare
· Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
· Season Ticket Loans
· Professional membership subscription
· Discounted BUPA health assessments
· Flexible working - my client is happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
· Study Assistance
· Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
· Cycle to work scheme
· Travel & dental insurance
· Employee retail discounts
· Sabbatical Leave
· Gym discounts
· GAYE – Give as you Earn
· Gourmet society tasting cards
· Employee Referral Scheme
Rewards & Benefits
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.