South West • £25K – £35K + Significant Bens Package • Ref: JSM 12039
Posted 10th February 2021
Senior Ecologist to join a highly regarded independent specialist consultancy based just outside Bath. My client has a fantastic reputation in the market and has an organically grown team of highly motivated and loyal Ecologists. Due to their ongoing success, they are seeking to add a Senior Ecologist to their established team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career within a firm proud of their ethos and culture.
The post will involve:
· Efficient management and delivery of ecology and related multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors.
· Coordination of field surveys and deliverables for a range of client projects.
· Undertaking field surveys across a range of sites (including Phase 1 and Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys).
· Production of high quality, robust written documents, including survey reports, PEAs, EcIAs and ES Ecology Chapters for a range of development proposals.
· Acting as day-to-day client interface.
· Co-ordination of specialist sub-consultants as required.
· Developing new business opportunities and writing quotes/tender proposals for relevant projects across a range of sectors.
· Mentoring junior staff members in areas of expertise, both within the ecology team and across the company.
Bradford on Avon
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· A relevant degree(s) and full membership of CIEEM. Chartered status an advantage.
· At least 6 years relevant consultancy experience, with proven experience in the following key areas:
a. Management of commercial projects to time and budget
b. Working on high-profile, complex projects, identifying and implementing solutions to issues as they arise
c. Production of robust Ecological Impact Assessment Reports (to CIEEM standards) and Ecology Chapters of Environmental Statements
d. Preparation of EPS licence applications (as the named ecologist) for bats and GCN/ dormouse is essential
e. Holder of protected species survey licences, including bats (at least Class 2; BLICL a distinct advantage), GCN and dormouse
f. Experience of calculating Biodiversity Net Gain using the Defra Metric 2.0
· A thorough understanding of the UK planning system and supporting relevant UK and European legislation and policy.
· Experience of reviewing reports produced by junior colleagues for quality and technical accuracy and providing constructive feedback.
· Excellent attention to detail.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers the following benefits and rewards to all staff:
· Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
· Contributory pension scheme
· Employee Health Cash Plan
· Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (pro-rata), plus Bank Holidays
· Up to 5 days external training allowance per year, plus internal training
· Company sick pay scheme
· Flexible working and a balanced approach to working hours
· Payment of annual CIEEM membership
· Access to company and/or hire vehicles, plus payment of business mileage
· Discretionary bonus
· Social events
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.