Sustainability Consultant (Climate change & Carbon Reduction)
East Midlands, West Midlands • £35K – £42K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 12023
Posted 26th January 2021
Unique opportunity to join one of the world’s most highly regarded Independent Engineering Consultancy firms. This is your chance to be part of their well-established sustainability team working on some of the most pioneering projects in the UK and Internationally.
The sustainability Advisory Team is spread across the UK and has many of the leading industry experts working within it.
Being part of this fantastic organisation will enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will rapidly develop your career and experience.
My client is seeking a proven sustainability specialist to join their Midlands team. The role requires a passionate, client facing, freethinking individual.
You will be involved in a rich variety of project types, managing climate change adaptation and carbon management.
Projects include advice, design and planning support to major infrastructure and built environment clients across the world. My client’s team is growing and looking for the right candidate to support the delivery of a diverse range of projects as they support their clients to deliver on their sustainability objectives and my client’s own commitments to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
You should have experience of leading projects involving carbon footprints, carbon management services, climate change assessments, the net-zero transitions, sustainability appraisals or related services. You will have been responsible for successfully delivery on time and budget and be familiar with a range of methodologies and data sources such as the GHG Protocol, PAS2080 or life cycle assessment, Science-Based Targets, climate resilience methodologies and sector specific guidelines. You will be confident in communicating and presenting work to internal and external audiences and show passion for developing your own skills and career, as well as those of the wider team.
This role offers you the chance to work on some of the world’s most exciting projects. Mike client’s business includes designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists driven to make a positive difference in the world. As a wholly independent organisation owned in trust for the benefit of its employees, the firm resolves its own direction.
Based in either the West or East Midlands offices, you will:
· Report to the team leader for sustainability services.
· Lead carbon footprinting, climate change assessments, sustainability reviews and other related work.
· Support the team in business development activities, such as preparation of expressions of interest and proposals, promotional and capability materials, and future business planning.
· Be accountable for the quality of your own work on time and budget and supervise another team member.
· Work with other multidisciplinary teams to embed sustainable development principles into projects.
· Be part of a wider skills network and have the opportunity to get involved in research and development.
· Be willing to undertake short-term travel which could include overseas assignments.
· Be effective communicator in presenting information in writing as well as verbally.
· Establish and maintain relationship with external partners, and colleagues; and
· Assist in and undertake other tasks in the wider Environment and Consulting business.
Requirements & Skills
Crucial Skills and Knowledge
· Validated experience in a carbon management, climate change or sustainability related role.
· Experience of applying appropriate methodologies related to the role.
· Understanding of the broader sustainability agenda.
· Proven track record to work in a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple tasks.
· Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
· High level of numeracy and ability to manage and manipulate data to unlock new insights.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to undertake short-term travel in the UK and overseas when such opportunity arises.
· Demonstrate a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team.
· Achievement of professional qualification.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
Candidates should have experience in some of the following areas.
· Working with infrastructure and built environment clients.
· Using specific carbon/climate/sustainability related software packages.
· Advisory/corporate strategy environment.
· Climate change assessments as part of UK EIA and planning processes.
· International ESIA or due diligence.
· Understanding of social value.
· Demonstrable knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory framework.
· Managing small assignments/tasks within complex technical assignments, project and /or sub-consultant management.
· Some level of understanding of commercial aspects involved in managing projects; and
· Knowledge of other language(s) is an advantage.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a regular training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the team.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.