Bristol, Greater London, M4 Corridor, South East, South Wales, South West • £24K to £39K Dependant on Experience + significant Bens • Ref: JSM 12018
Posted 5th January 2021
Exciting opportunity for an experienced energy consultant/specialist to join this leading engineering and consulting company at the forefront of energy and carbon reduction.
My client provides strategic energy and carbon reduction consultancy services to a range of organisations from large global corporates to housebuilders and developers. They enable them to enhance long-term energy sustainability and reach net-zero carbon emissions.
With low-carbon technology, data and sustainability at the core of their ethos and business model, my client is leading the smart energy revolution, serving the energy industry, the industrial, commercial and public sectors, as well as the wider domestic market to realise the environmental and financial benefits of smarter energy practice
Purpose of the Role:
In this key role you will be part of an established team focusing on supporting a range of clients with reductions in energy consumption, sustainable energy and providing energy assets on a micro-macro level. My client provides Cost and carbon abatement solutions, enabling strategic decisions to be made relating to the management of energy and investment in technology.
You will be developing opportunities through forensically and analysing energy data, both on-site and remotely. Undertaking technical audits and of energy services and technologies to facilitate cost savings.
Projects will be identified and presented to clients as business cases following analysis of the costs and benefits.
Once the energy projects have been accepted by the client, you will be involved in delivering the work. You will work as a project manager supported by other members of the team..
You as required must be willing to travel both nationally and potentially internationally.
Typical duties will include:
· undertaking data analysis of the buildings and energy systems.
· undertake in-depth energy audits of buildings and energy systems.
· research and keep up to date with current technology and system improvements.
· the ability to produce high-quality client-focused energy reports, including recommendations prioritised by the return of investment.
· Liaise with clients to establish requirements and present business case
· provide strategic advice relating to energy, carbon and utilities management.
· Plan and develop projects in an independent manner with guidance from senior staff.
· possess an engineering or physical science degree and preferably a Master's.
· Have specific energy management or building services experience
· be highly numerical and highly computer literate
· have in-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical energy systems
· experience in consulting on energy management and energy auditing
· have excellent data analysis skills and the ability to translate these into business cases
· the ability to articulate and present cost-benefit analysis of proposals
· good understanding of current legislation with regards to energy efficiency and carbon emissions
· experience of design, installation and project management.
· Ideally have experience of relevant modeling packages.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, highly organised and passionate for the sector.
My client is a leading brand in the market and has a reputation as a great place to work, both from a professional and social perspective. They provide excellent remote working solutions to their staff. You will have unparalleled opportunities to develop and grow your experience by being given significant responsibility as well as the scope to develop your own ideas.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary, along with significant training and support. My client offers significant training and support staff to obtain chartership.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.