Principal/Associate Geo-Environmental Consultant
Central London, East Midlands • £42K – £55K + Attractive Bens Package • Ref: JSM 12005
Posted 11th November 2020
Fantastic opportunity has arisen within one of the most sought-after independent consultancy's in the UK. My client is seeking a highly versatile and motivated principal/associate level contaminated land specialist to join their expanding team.
They are seeking a well-rounded individual who is able to work well individually and as part of the team. You will be responsible for delivery on all stages of a number of key projects with a book of prestigious clients. This will include management, financial and technical input.
This opportunity can be based either from the Central London or Nottingham office
My client has enjoyed unparalleled growth in the last few years and the GeoEnvironmental team is close to 70 staff.
Due to this success and increased market share, further opportunities have arisen to meet their ever-expanding workload. This growth reflects their customer focussed approach along with their relaxed but efficient company culture
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills and ideally have worked in a client facing/account management role in relation to land contamination/geotechnical and potentially wider environmental services offering.
They are seeking a solid team player who can integrate well, with efficient decision-making to suit the needs of clients and manage the administration and delivery of numerous projects as well as leading the development of accounts on behalf of the division. The role will involve working across the existing well-established delivery teams to ensure they meet and exceed the Clients expectations.
Flexible – London or Nottingham
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· The ability to deliver a consistently high standard of managing practical, technical and financial aspects of projects.
· An in depth, comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidance.
· Strong commercial and organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and numerous relationships both internally and externally.
· Solid experience in reviewing land contamination and geotechnical reports to consider whether they address the client’s issues as determined by the brief.
· A proven track record of providing commercially sound solution-based advice.
· Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
· The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc).
· The technical competence to challenge regulators or third parties to achieve a commercially favourable outcome for clients.
· A full UK Driving Licence.
· A Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification, such as an MSc, MEng or similar qualification.
· Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
· It is desirable to be a Member of Professional Body preferably working towards Chartered status.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.