Principal to Associate Sustainability Specialist
Bristol, North West, South East, South West, UK Wide • £50K to £75K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 11990
Posted 9th September 2020
JSM are delighted to be working with this highly regarded and rapidly growing system's engineering consultancy in their search for an experienced Sustainability Specialist to join their established Environmental Assurance Team. Reporting directly to the Group Manager you will be pivotal in the team's exciting growth plans going forward.
Playing a key role within this established team you will be responsible for developing, implementing and delivering key project opportunities across the firms’ diverse client base and sector focus. With best sustainable practice being a key driver across all my client’s projects, they have delivered environmental and sustainability services to clients across various sectors including Government, Transport, Defence, Financial, Industrial, Renewables and Nuclear sectors for more than 10 years. They specialise in managing compliance and solving complex environmental challenges on a range of significant projects both in the UK and globally.
This key role can be based from a number of my clients UK locations including Bristol, Warrington, Burton and Surrey.
You Will Be Responsible For
· The development and delivery of sustainability focused consultancy across a range of sectors
· Increase number and value of projects across the business ensuring sustainability as a primary driver
· Identify suitable opportunities for work winning opportunities
· Undertaking work winning initiatives, supporting bids and developing pipeline of future business
· Supporting the development and implementation of the sustainability strategy for my client’s business
· Hold a relevant degree and/or Masters
· Chartered Environmentalist or equivalent with full/fellow membership of relevant professional body
You will have experience of providing advice on
· Climate resilience
· Environmental and sustainability management
· Highly technical skills in relevant sector(s), defence, energy, nuclear, renewables, infrastructure (road and rail)
· Able to provide expert knowledge and support to colleagues and stakeholders
· Upwards of 8 years relevant industry experience, ideally including consultancy and industry
· Proven track record delivering sustainability consultancy across range of significant projects
· Highly networked within the industry
· Proven work winner with commercial outlook
· Drive and passion with the ability to work autonomously
· Willingness to travel nationally and occasionally internationally
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements
· Experience of the development/compilation of Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) submissions and information
· A proven and demonstrable track-record in the profitable delivery of projects in sustainability consultancy and the application of current/emergent business standards and expectations (e.g. ESG and SDGs)
· Experience of advising C-suite clients and colleagues on matters regarding business/organisation sustainability performance.
· An understanding of mega-trends, in particular those relating to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, Net Zero and potential disrupters to the consultancy market, notably those relating to the environment and sustainability marketplace
· Experience of working within multi-disciplinary technical teams
· Demonstrable track record of securing new business and delivering high quality work to clients/management stakeholders
· Strong professional network in sustainability and credible connections with key professional stakeholders
About This Opportunity
This senior hire represents a rare opportunity to play an influential role within this prestigious consultancy with ambitious plans for growth. With the team set to treble in size over the next few years, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead their own team within the group and rapidly progress.
My client offers a highly collaborative working environment that allows people to fulfil their potential. On offer is a highly competitive salary along with a significant benefits package including up to 30 days leave, private healthcare, up to 8% matched pension, life assurance, professional membership, regular CDP, share purchase scheme and generous bonus pot (typically 8%). You'll be provided with all the tools required to undertake the responsibilities of position and will be well supported by senior management.
If you are an ambitious and passionate sustainability professional looking to progress your career then this opportunity offers your career a real boost. Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.