Energy Sector Lead - London or Bristol
Bristol, Central London, South East • Up to £75K plus car plus generous benefits package • Ref: JSM 11986
Posted 10th July 2020
Do you want to lead a team, drive ideas, surround yourself by industry leaders and progress your career without limitations?
Energy Professional required for renowned and market-leading, independent design engineering consultancy with fantastic offices in the heart of the vibrant Kings Cross area of London. Working on many of the most prestigious and innovative projects both in the UK and globally.
JSM is in partnership with this award-winning consultancy to fill this pivotal role within their established team. The firm prides itself on its excellent reputation, culture, progressive outlook, an enviable portfolio of projects.
My client seeks a creative and driven Energy professional to join the group. The role can be based either from their iconic London or Bristol offices offering a superb working environment. You will be working closely with the wider sustainability teams based across the UK.
With sustainability and energy efficiency you will be at the core of the business and working on key projects across the UK as well as their expanding International work.
Location -Bristol / London
My client provides a diverse consultancy service for a range of projects, across all sectors, promoting sustainable development. You will provide project leadership and support the operations of the current team.
You will be assisting in leading, developing and improving my client’s expertise in energy pricing, particularly where it interfaces with the built environment. Expertise in the electricity market and the ongoing evolution with smart systems, storage and distributed generation with built environment would be of particular benefit.
The role requires someone who is innovative and willing to work with a team to champion the opportunity in my client’s business. You’ll be drawing upon the existing expertise as well as your own, to create an improved service of high value to clients, helping engage developers who choose to own or develop affiliations with companies to capitalise on the economics of local generation, demand side response and storage.
· Develop technical capability in assessing a development’s financial energy model.
· Be a competent pair of hands for our clients to help deliver key schemes that are often complex and demanding.
· Ensure the standards of work and information provided to clients remains high.
· Provide an experienced senior point of contact for clients in developing their energy strategies.
· Help develop team’s capability and knowledge in financial energy assets.
· Make a demonstrable contribution to developing business expertise in the energy financing sector.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for:
· Technical application and operational standards.
· Service quality and professional reputation.
· Managing project finances.
· Inter-office technical reporting and assistance.
· Adherence to the firms QM, H&S and Environmental standards.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· Experience in the energy market finances and know how to put together a financial model.
· Technical and commercial understanding of the construction industry ideally with some experience.
· Knowledge of the construction industry and understanding of the electrical networks.
· Relevant energy sector technical or financing sector qualifications.
· At least 4 years’ experience in this sector.
· Someone who accepts challenges and is a good problem solver.
· Understanding of wider Utility aspects such as Gas, Water, Electricity, Drainage and telecom networks.
· Ability to manage complex and challenging critical issues for large complex as smaller challenging projects.
What Is On Offer
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including:
· competitive salary up to £75k
· Superb working environment
· Car allowance
· Private medical scheme
· 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
· Contributory pension scheme
· Life assurance
· Income protection
· Friendly and dynamic team working environment
· Flexible approach to work patterns
· Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
· Opportunities for significant career progression
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.