East Midlands, North East • £24K - £30K + Bens • Ref: JSM 11963
Posted 10th January 2020
Exciting opportunity for an ambitious Ecologist to join a rapidly growing mid-size UK consultancy. My client has an existing ecology team, working on highly rewarding and varied range of projects.
My client has offices throughout the UK. The position would be ideally based in Lincoln, but other locations will be considered.
Responding to the ever-increasing demand from diverse range of clients, my client is looking to build on their success and bring in an experienced ecologist at Consultant grade. Operating across a variety of sectors including aviation, commercial development and infrastructure. With Biodiversity net gain at the forefront of their mission, they influence their clients to promote the interests of nature conservation. They are looking for an ecologist to build a business providing more than traditional compliance-based approaches.
As an ecologist within the team, you’ll have the chance to influence the direction and working culture within the wider ecology team, experiment with new methods, and have control of your training and career path, learning through our management training programmes including my client’s dedicated learning Academy. My clients’ approach is also data focussed, integrating GIS, technology and smart data collection methods into our workflow.
My client is a leading independent provider of environmental services across the United Kingdom, they also work globally through their membership of an international consultancy network.
· Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification ie MSc.
· Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
· Member of CIEEM.
Experience & Skills
· A minimum of 2 years’ post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions, or in a similar consultancy role.
· Holds one or more specialist licences (newts, bats etc).
· A developing working knowledge of UK and EC protected species legislation, guidance and policy, as well as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA), standards and guidance.
· A developing working knowledge of site/field assessment work relative to protected species and habitat surveys, assessing and interpretation of results and findings of site work.
· With supervision and guidance, production of structured factual reports and a developing working knowledge of the production of structured interpretative reports assimilating desk study, site information and ecological survey results to provide solutions to the client’s issued as determined by the brief.
· Experience of writing protected species mitigation licenses and mitigation plans desirable.
· Experience of Ecological Clerk of Works supervision works desirable.
· Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
· Developing ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
· Full UK (clean) driving licence.
· To effectively communicate and co-operate within the ecology team in the planning, delivery and management of protected species and habitat surveys; analysis and evaluation of results and appropriate impacts assessments.
· Design and implementation of appropriate mitigation strategies including European Protected Species licence applications within specific time frames and budgets.
· With the support of an appropriate person at a Principal or Director grade provide solutions to technical problems
· To provide clear and factually correct reports that require minimal re-writing or amendment by an authorising signatory.
· To work within and be a champion for, the company health, safety and environmental policy.
· When requested, to provide input to Company initiatives.
· To demonstrate an understanding of and comply with legislation, Company policies and procedures and work within agreed resources.
· Contribute to the achievement of Company objectives through positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, with clients and with suppliers.
· To promote the Company and its services to others.
· Undertake ongoing CPD.
· To provide support and assistance to all staff as appropriate.
· Lead by example and share both knowledge and experience with other team members.
· Undertake proposal preparation with the support of an appropriate person at a Principal or Director grade.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.