Flood Risk Specialist, Senior to Associate Director – Bristol, London, Edinburgh or Leeds
Bristol, Central London, North West, Scotland, UK Wide • £38K - £60K + Significant Bens + Bonus • Ref: JSM 11944
Posted 25th October 2019
Exciting opportunity for a Flood Risk Specialist to lead an established team. You will be joining a world leading independent consultancy offering energy, environmental, engineering and technical advice to a range of prestigious firms both in the UK and Globally.
My client is a highly successful independent consultancy with a team consisting of many leading industry specialists. They have enjoyed unprecedented growth since they were established 7 years ago and now boast offices throughout the UK and globally. You would be leading on or supporting on hydrology, hydrogeology and/or flood risk assessment.
This is a really exciting time in my client’s journey as they are set for continued growth over the next few years as their reputation and market share grow. Therefore, the opportunity to play a key role in this success story is significant.
My client can be quite flexible in terms of level and experience – ranging from a Senior to Associate Director as they are looking to significantly grow the team. There is scope for someone suitably experienced to take on the management of the team.
UK Flexible – Bristol, London, Edinburgh or Leeds
· Support and/or lead the development of a hydrology & hydrogeology team within the environmental planning service line.
· Support and/or lead on identification and realisation of hydrology, hydrogeology and flood risk work opportunities, working both independently and together with the wider environmental planning team (and wider business as appropriate).
· Business development, networking and client liaison/client care in support of the above.
· Technical expertise and/or technical leadership and direction in relation to hydrology, hydrogeology, flood risk and related services, including ensuring high quality work/deliverables and continual improvement.
· Supporting and/or leading on the delivery of proposals and project work relating to hydrology, hydrogeology, flood risk and related services (further detail below). In at least the short term this is likely to include site work, baseline studies, assessment and reporting.
· Close liaison with the EIA and Ecology teams to share knowledge, align business development efforts, and help drive the success of the overall environmental planning service line.
· Hydrology/water resources assessments for a wide range of other development types including residential, mixed use, masterplans, industrial etc.
· Hydrology, hydrogeology and geology technical input/assessment for coastal developments e.g. ports/harbours, onshore grid connections and substations for offshore wind projects etc.
· Peat slide risk assessment and peat management plans for onshore wind and related projects (e.g. overhead lines, substations).
· Flood risk assessment at least to Stage 1 level, for a range of development types across the UK, input to flood mitigation and adaptation strategies.
· Understanding and providing technical input on drainage and SuDS strategies, but not necessarily detailed engineering design (note, we would normally team up with civil engineers to provide drainage design).
· Hydrology/hydrogeology/geology/flood risk advice and support during construction phase of a range of projects (largely renewables and grid).
For People at Associate Director Grade:
· Recruitment, line management and mentoring of team members.
· Responsibility for financial performance of hydrology & hydrogeology projects and/or the hydrology & hydrogeology team including; agreement of budgets, financial reporting and forecasting, responsibility for meeting agreed budgets (on a project or team basis depending on the candidate/level).
· Identification and management of appropriate partnerships with co-professionals and sub-consultants.
· Further detail on anticipated nature of work/opportunities.
· Hydrology, hydrogeology and geology assessments for renewable energy developments, principally onshore wind but also including solar, storage etc.
· Assessment of impacts on GWDTE and private water supplies, setting out mitigation and monitoring strategies.
My client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. They offer a significant performance related bonus.
The culture of the firm is very entrepreneurial with a very flat structure enabling people to fulfil their potential and play a significant role in the future of the company.
You will be given ample support in this role whilst given significant autonomy to develop the scope of the position.
Highly recommended for a discreet chat.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.