Central London • £35K - £55K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 11929
Posted 20th September 2019
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Socio-Economic Consultant to join one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary planning and environmental consultancies. The successful applicant will be joining an existing team of specialists which is set for significant growth. You will be working on a range of high-profile and challenging projects enabling you to rapidly progress your career.
This award-winning consultancy has a highly respected planning division within their business, with a strong economic research and analysis team working on a diverse range of projects across the UK. The team is set to grow significantly over the next three years, so this is a great time to join the business and become an integral member.
My client is looking to appoint an experienced socio-economic specialist who can work on both project delivery as well as client development. You will be working on economic regeneration, socio-economic assessment, equality and health. The existing team comprises of some of several respected industry professionals, so the opportunity to learn, collaborate and develop is significant.
Due to growing demand, they are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced consultant to work within their team, delivering and managing projects and helping to further grow this area of expertise within their business.
About the Role
You will be providing a range of socio-economic analytical services to support a range of projects
· economic analysis, assessing the economic footprint of existing and proposed developments; assessing the socio-economic effects of major developments
· develop Socio Economic Baseline products
· work on Health Impact Assessments and Equality Impact Assessments (HIA’s) and (EqIA’s)
· support Business Development
· develop Social Value Proposition
· provide Thought Leadership
· be highly capable of working on your own initiative and as part of a team, including managing and directing more junior staff and project teams
· understand the principles and practice of social value/impact and have a strong interest in developing business and skills in this area
· have significant experience in social infrastructure, social value, economic development or related areas
· understand the challenges facing urban environments and the value of providing an integrated offer including socio-economics, planning and technical services
· be used to articulating the big picture and strategic context of projects or stakeholders
· have demonstrable experience in bid preparation and wider business development – be a proven work winner
· have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream projects
· hold relevant qualifications in this or related areas demonstrating an extensive interest
· be a member of an appropriate membership organisation or institute such as Social Value UK
The successful candidate could be a planner with experience of assessing socio-economic impacts, or an economist with experience of the planning system. Or you might be an EIA Project Manager or Environmental Planner with experience of assessing socio-economic or health effects.
You are likely to have the following:
· 3 to 5 years post-qualification work experience in an economics-related, planning or analytical environment, ideally with commercial experience in assessing the socio-economic impacts of development proposals
· a strong degree level qualification in economics or a related social science subject
· relevant post-graduate experience, ideally in an economics or planning-related commercial environment
· a demonstrable commitment to continued professional and skills development
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. They offer a highly modern working environment with health and well-being core to their ethos. They offer flexible and agile working to enable staff to have a strong work-life balance. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.