Offshore Renewables EIA Consenting Project Manager
Central London, East Midlands, Scotland, South West • Highly Competitive – Up to £60K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 11924
Posted 5th December 2019
With the offshore wind market in a period of significant growth both around the UK and internationally, my client who are a market leading firm of consultants and engineers are looking to add to their established team.
This Highly regarded international Scandinavian consultancy with a strong presence in the UK requires an EIA Project Manager to join the team. The role can be based from a number of their locations around the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a growing team to deliver and manage EIA and consenting for high profile major offshore renewables projects both in the UK and Internationally.
The opportunity can be from any number of their UK bases including, Cambridge, London, Scotland and the West Country.
In particular, you will:
· Lead project teams technically, strategically and commercially to deliver large EIA projects and consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle
· Support the continued growth of offshore project portfolio by supporting business development activities to develop our existing clients and win new work
· Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff to reach their potential
· You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging but fulfilling working environment.
· There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across the wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business
Experienced in delivering EIA's for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the offshore wind sector and be familiar with the Development Consent Order process as well as the Town and Country Planning (EIA) Regulations. This experience will ideally have involved project leadership throughout the project lifecycle from Scoping through to Examination. You should have experience of providing technical direction at a project level. Excellent reporting and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team and be able to provide technical input from other disciplines. You will be well networked in the offshore wind industry with a proven track record of winning work with a variety of clients in the sector. An accomplished staff manager particularly leading multi-disciplinary teams as project manager.
An excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry.
Experienced in commercial and business management including management and responses to strategic bids, monthly reporting, resourcing and recruitment
Willingness to travel, including possible international travel.
The successful candidate will have:
· A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
· Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study)
· Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body
· Full driving licence
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.