Principal Socio-Economic Consultant
Central London • £45K - £55K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 11893
Posted 13th May 2019
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Socio-Economic Consultant to join one of the UK’s most enviable independent environmental and planning consultancies. You will be working on a range of high-profile and challenging projects.
My client is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies. They specialise in environment, planning and sustainability. The team comprises of some of the most talented people in the industry, who enjoy working on exciting and complex projects.
The current work portfolio includes Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and other support for HS2, Crossrail 2, iconic property developments and large regeneration schemes. They carry out a wide range of bespoke planning and environmental assessments.
Due to growing demand, they are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced consultant to work within their team, delivering and managing projects and helping to further grow this area of expertise within their business.
About the Role
You will be working alongside a team of Socio-Economic and Environmental Consultants and Planners within my clients centrally located London office.
You will be responsible for helping to develop and shape their social value/impact offer and helping to grow this area of the business. You will provide specialist advice and hands-on support to clients around social impact and value policy and strategy. Clients range from major UK developers, infrastructure providers to Central and Local Government.
You may also get involved in supporting other business development activities and in contributing to the activities of the wider team as appropriate. My client’s focus is currently on socio-economic, health and equality impact assessment. You will have extensive knowledge of techniques, frameworks and approaches to measuring and monitoring and creating social value, e.g. social return on investment (SROI). In addition, specialist knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be advantageous:
· Social infrastructure appraisal and delivery
· Employment, training and skills development
· Health and wellbeing
· Community consultation
· Environmental economics, ecosystems services or natural capital accounting
· Economic appraisal/modelling or business case preparation
· Be highly capable of working on your own initiative and as part of a team, including managing and directing more junior staff and project teams
· Understand the principles and practice of social value/impact and have a strong interest in developing business and skills in this area
· Have significant experience in social infrastructure, social value, economic development or related areas
· Understand the challenges facing urban environments and the value of providing an integrated offer including socio-economics, planning and technical services
· Be used to articulating the big picture and strategic context of projects or stakeholders
· Have demonstrable experience in bid preparation and wider business development – be a proven work winner
· Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream projects
· Hold relevant qualifications in this or related areas demonstrating an extensive interest
· Be a member of an appropriate membership organisation or institute such as Social Value UK
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.