Director/Associate Director Contaminated Land
Central London • £65K - £80K + Significant Bens & Profit Share • Ref: JSM 11862
Posted 29th November 2018
Unique opportunity to join one of the world’s most highly regarded Independent Engineering Consultancies with a fantastic reputation for the work they deliver. The role will be within their well-established land contamination Advisory Team, which consists of a range of industries experts, as well as juniors and seniors.
You will be working on a range of challenging and complex infrastructure projects both in the UK and overseas.
Suitable candidates will have significant experience of working on complex challenging sites providing high-level Environmental and Due Diligence advice.
My client can provide you with a vast range of exciting projects, as well as the opportunity to work with world-class engineers, consultants and technical specialists. Their reputation and culture make them a very enviable company to join.
You will be managing multiple projects and be responsible for technical quality, financial control and reporting, as well as the leadership of junior staff. You will be part of the management team and will have input on the direction and strategy of the team.
Projects vary in size, scale and duration. You will be responsible for providing cost-effective and pragmatic solutions.
• Technical review (checking and approval) of reports prepared by others
• Line management and technical development of the team
• Client management
• Business development with internal and external clients
• Direct teams delivering desk studies, due diligence, ground investigations, risk assessments, EIA, remediation and verification
• Prepare compelling proposals and winning work
Requirements & Skills
• Degree qualified in relevant field, along with ideally a postgraduate degree in relevant subject
• It is anticipated that you should have a minimum of 10 years’ contaminated land experience gained within a consulting environment
• A chartered member of a relevant institution
• A specialist in land condition (SiLC)
• Confident, diligent and able to lead people
• Excellent computer and data management/presentation skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and able to effectively negotiate
• Experience of soil material management, soil waste classification, DQRA, hydrogeological assessment, due diligence and environmental permitting would be of benefit
• In-depth technical and financial knowledge and experience of ground contamination assessment, remediation, soil waste classification, environmental permitting and due diligence
Why Choose this Role?
· My client has an enviable reputation as a fantastic employer with a significant focus on employee welfare. They offer significant scope for flexible working as well as a highly tailored flexible benefits package that can be used in a variety of ways to suit an individual’s needs
· They offer a fantastic continual development programme and ongoing training to develop your career in a direction of your choosing
· You will be working alongside many industry leaders and have the opportunity to significantly raise your profile in the industry
Reward & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector. Their core benefits include private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes. My client fully supports and safeguards your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of benefits to suit your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are even cautiously looking, I would highly recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.