Associate Director – Environmental Planning
Central London, North West, West Midlands • Up to £65K + Excellent Bens • Ref: JSM 1144
Posted 22nd January 2024
Career defining opportunity for an experienced Environmental Planning specialist to join one of the most iconic independent property and planning consultancies within their impact management team.
This is a market leading opportunity to support my client’s wealth of development projects to assess the environmental, social and economic impacts of developments.
Responsibilities & Tasks
This exciting role will be integral to the continued growth of the team and the operation of a day-to-day activities. Key responsibilities will include:
· Assisting with the management of the Impact Management Team – workload management, resourcing, line management, financial management
· Undertaking quality assurance of technical work – Environmental Impact Assessments in line with the EIA Regulations and a range of related areas such as EIA Screening and Scoping Requests, ES Addendums and Statements of Conformity, taking account of:-
· Industry best practice
· Local requirements and strategy
· Client requirements
· Project management of larger projects including taking responsibility from inception through to completion of large and sometimes complex projects - including management of multi-disciplinary teams, drafting of documents and advising on EIA strategy
· Representing my client and their clients at project team meetings
· Engaging with a range of stakeholders including local authority officers, community groups, statutory consultees and other service providers and bodies
· Keeping informed about relevant planning and environmental policy and best practice approaches to undertaking impact assessments. This may involve attending external events for training and marketing
· Assisting with business planning and marketing including identifying opportunities and gaps in the market
· Business development
· Helping my client maintain its IEMA Quality Mark accreditation;
· Drafting fee proposals and tenders
· Customer care – maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, clients and fellow professionals.
· Working independently, using your time effectively
Ideally You Will Have The Following
A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in an environmental or planning consultancy or public sector environment or closely related professional field.
Preferred Education and Training/Qualification/Background:
We would expect candidates to have a first degree or master’s degree in one of the following subject areas, accredited to the relevant professional body:
· Environment and Development
· Environmental Policy
· Public Health
· Social Policy
· Social Impact
Personal skills, abilities and competencies:
· Good knowledge of current and emerging Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) legislation and current professional best practice (Essential)
· Working knowledge of current and emerging Town Planning legislation, policy and professional best practice (Essential)
· Working knowledge of current and emerging environmental and planning legislation and policy, including the Habitat Regulations, Environmental Act and Level Up and Regeneration Act (Essential)
· Ability to manage a team on large-scale projects and autonomously manage smaller projects (Essential)
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Essential)
· Methodical, accurate and have excellent attention to detail including accurate reporting skills (Essential)
· Critical thinker, able to utilise various types of data and work outside templates (Essential)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including being able to draft documents with grammatical accuracy and ability to communicate well across all levels of the organisation, building rapport with various stakeholders (Essential)
· Time management: able to adhere to strict deadlines whilst working on multiple projects (Essential)
· Ability to contribute pro-actively to the operational management of a team including people and workload management and implementation of financial procedures (Essential)
· Willingness to participate in business development activities (Essential)
· Public speaking and presentation skills (Desirable)
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Environmental and Sustainability, including ESG, EIA and Ecology, Contaminated Land, Environmental Planning, Air Quality and Noise.
Phone - 01934 312155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.