Senior Environmental Due Diligence Consultant (Secondment to Global Retail Giant)
Central London, Flexible Home Working • £40K – £45K Dependant on Experience + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 1131
Posted 30th October 2023
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced environmental consultant looking to accelerate their career by joining this highly regard National and International Consultancy within their transaction advisory team. This role will see you seconded to a highly prestigious global online retail giant.
This role would suit someone with a Contaminated Land background looking to develop their skills more into corporate/client facing work.
My client is a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, they are an international engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. They serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Due to their continued success my client is seeking a suitably minded Due Diligence Consultant to join their established UK team. You will be providing day-to-day support on land quality due diligence projects related to corporate and private equity mergers and acquisitions (M&A). My client is looking for someone at either consultant or senior consultant level with a minimum of five years relevant industry experience. You will have strong technical knowledge of contaminated land risk assessment and all compliance. Most importantly you should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work within a rapidly growing business.
My client offers a vibrant, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in a business that thrives on teamwork.
Ideally You Will Have the Following
· Undergraduate degree (BSc) or higher in an environmental science or engineering discipline;
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant environmental consulting experience;
· Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and time management skills;
· Ability to deliver to challenging deadlines, occasionally requiring extended working hours to meet client expectations, join conference calls in different time zones;
· Experience of working within a high-quality Due Diligence team within the M&A space
· Must possess a driving license and passport and be willing to travel occasionally.
· Management of discrete parts of environmental due diligence and transaction advisory projects to support the team with ongoing projects to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner whilst ensuring technical excellence that meets their clients' needs;
· Managing subcontractors and partners as required on small or single site projects to deliver project specific tasks;
· Reviewing project documentation related to M&A projects to identify any potential environmental, compliance or health and safety issues;
· Carrying out desk top assessments and Phase I reporting;
· Being involved in the research and reporting process for environmental, social and governance (ESG) assessments as part of transactions;
The package will be tailored to suit the individual depending on level of experience. My client offers competitive compensation and a market leading benefits package including healthcare provision, travel insurance and pension plan.
This role offers career growth for those looking to take their technical experience forward and move into Project Management.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.