Senior Environmental Consultant
Central London, South East, Flexible Home Working • Up to £48K + Car Allowance & Bonus & Bens • Ref: JSM 1024
Posted 16th June 2022
Leading international, independent real estate consultancy is seeking an experienced Contaminated Land specialist to join their growing team. Due to continued growth, my client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced consultant to join their Environment team.
The role of Senior Environmental Consultant in the Environment team will make a significant contribution to the day-to-day business. The role includes a diverse range of environmental consultancy services across all types of sites and business, independently working on a variety of simple and complex projects simultaneously.
The role includes a diverse range of environmental consultancy services across all types of sites and business, independently working on a variety of simple and complex projects simultaneously.
London or Kent (significant flexible homeworking available)
Responsibilities & Tasks
· Undertaking core Geo-Environmental Consultancy services to colleagues and clients.
· Competently designs simple and complex scopes of work for environmental projects with minimal input from senior colleagues, predominately Phase 1 Environmental Assessments and some Phase 2 site investigations.
· Routinely delivers simple and complex projects on time and within budget from start to finish – full project management of projects.
· Manages own time and workload independently and identifies, communicates and resolves potential issues efficiently.
· Able to communicate independently with clients using email and verbally in order to agree instructions, provide updates, and disseminate results, with minimal input from senior colleagues.
· Able to independently field queries from internal colleagues and provide robust advice.
· Produces reports of high quality that require minimal correction from senior colleagues.
· Adept at generating new ideas and innovative solutions to client problems.
· Contributes to business development and profile raising, by attending client events and nurturing client relationships.
· Contributes to the training and mentoring of junior staff members.
· Able to delegate work to appropriate colleagues.
· Intervenes positively and proactively to assist less experienced colleagues where difficulties or poor practices are evident.
· Works actively to seek solutions to identified problems, and company improvement issues.
· Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
· Responsibility for own continued professional development.
· Respect Company Values.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· Degree or Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (such as Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Geography).
· Typically 3+ year’s environmental consultancy experience.
· Good all-round consultancy experience with demonstrable expertise in one or more specialist areas (e.g. property due diligence, site investigation, quantitative risk assessment etc.).
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to supervise and manage sub-contractors and sub-consultants.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
· Enthusiastic proactive and self-motivated.
· Strong communication, numerical and reporting writing skills.
· Excellent time management and general organisation skills.
· Flexible and have the ability to work under pressure.
· Proven commitment to continued professional development, with at least one formal accreditation.
· Willingness to travel within UK for site inspections.
· Clean driving licence.
About this Opportunity
My client is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. They work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
They are a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. My client has a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together, aiming to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits.
· Life assurance and private medical insurance.
· Season ticket loan.
· 5% Employer pension contribution.
· 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday.
· Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more.
· Happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
· EV car scheme.
· Longevity awards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.