Senior Associate/Director – ESG Sustainability – Real Estate
Central London, Europe, UK Wide • Up To £95K + Car Allowance, Significant Bonus & Bens • Ref: JSM 1021
Posted 9th June 2022
Rare opportunity to join one of the most sought-after global real estate firms as their ESG Lead within their investment management team.
This pivotal role will see you joining a dynamic sustainability team, responsible for driving change across my clients Investment Management organization with a primary focus on their Real Estate Strategies business. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing their flagship fund.
My client is one of the largest investment firms in Europe with a very diverse portfolio of assets.
Responsibilities & Tasks
· Project management of various global sustainability initiatives across my clients Investment Management’s real estate and infrastructure investment strategies.
· Work across the organization, as well as with engineering and consulting companies to deliver meaningful ESG strategies.
· Organize and manage programs including research, solution development, process flows and schedules/milestones.
· Provide comprehensive updates on project milestones and progress.
· Drive the successful implementation of sustainability initiatives, including supporting global reporting initiatives.
· Assist Real Estate Strategies’ Portfolio Management teams with client presentations, attend client meetings, RFIs and client reporting.
· Assist Real Estate Investment teams with influencing operating partner decisions on ESG, from Advisory Committees on funds to approving acquisitions and business plans in joint ventures.
· Work with Analytics team on collating and analysing underlying ESG data for client portfolios (e.g. climate change, GRESB, PRI, annual ESG survey).
· Working with the Real Estate Global Transaction Management team to ensure investment process represents best practice.
· Provide input/advice on implementation of ESG regulations to Compliance and Legal teams.
· Provide regular training to the Real Estate Strategies team.
· Perform all responsibilities in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· Bachelor's Degree.
· 8+ years of experience in sustainability project management, consulting or base building management.
· Working knowledge of industry recognized standards ie UN SDGs, PRI, GRESB, LEED, BREEAM, TCFD, SFDR.
· Demonstrated ability to establish processes, workflows and standard procedures.
· Excellent project management, time management and organization skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills with diverse stakeholder groups.
· Excellent and professional communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Strong analytical skills.
· Self-starter that is able to identify opportunities and drive solutions.
· Ability to work independently while maintaining all deadlines and critical date obligations.
· Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional Microsoft office skills (excel, PowerPoint, etc…).
About this Opportunity
This is a key position for my client and thus the successful individual will be rewarded with a market leading salary and benefits package. You will have significant influence on the direction of the business’s and be responsible for shaping global policy within the firm.
At your disposal will be significant resources and support from other team members.
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.