Sustainability Consultant/Manager – Global Real Estate Client
Central London, North East, Scotland, West Midlands, UK Wide, Bristol, South West • £35K - £45K + Exceptional Bens • Ref: JSM 1017
Posted 11th May 2022
Exceptional opportunity for an ambitious sustainability specialist to join one of the most prestigious real estate firms globally. This exciting internal facing role will see you working across my client’s business supporting their drive for sustainability excellence.
My client is looking to add an experienced sustainability specialist to their already established team. Having gone from strength to strength in the past 2 years, they are set for further growth to meet desire to be at the forefront of sustainability and climate change. If you are an ambitious sustainability professional looking for a new challenge, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
My client’s sustainability team active across not only the UK but also into Europe and America. Their ongoing success has led to this exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual with upwards of two years relevant industry experience
In this role you will be working closely with the Environmental Manager, Corporate Responsibility Manager, and wider Sustainability Team to drive UK initiatives throughout the business and support client delivery.
Flexible – Bristol, Manchester, London, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh
· Help manage and implement the environmental strategy to ensure corporate sustainable development.
· Assist and support the organisational sustainability targets as well as delivery of action plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
· Assist and support the organisational Net Zero Carbon strategy including the programmes developed to deliver it.
Environmental Management System (EMS)
· Assist the management and improvement of the EMS.
· Help improve the impact of the organisation on the environment.
· Assist in the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
· Help support the ISO14001 Environmental Management System which includes internal and external audits, maintain legal register, visit other offices, identify and deliver practical improvements to align with the company Net Zero Carbon Strategy.
· Analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
· Assist in the coordination of all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling and renewable energy.
· Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with UK, European Union and international regulation and legislation.
· Work closely with the finance/facilities team to understand and optimise the cost/ business case for all of environmental initiatives and impact measures.
· Help develop and deliver staff training at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities.
· Support the promotion and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
· Support in reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies (Annual ESG report/ESOS compliance).
· Help produce educational or information resources for staff, clients and the general public.
· Support the provision of expert advice, thought leadership and recommendations to the business on all aspects of environmental sustainability across their operations.
· Assist with corporate partnership management (e.g. Woodland Trust).
· Assist and improve on the sustainable procurement/ for all goods, services and office fit-outs.
· Participate in industry collaboration, environmental education and research.
· Liaise with internal teams to educate and promote Sustainability Services.
· Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA) preferred.
· BREEAM/LEED/SKA/WELL knowledge and experience.
· Qualified BREEAM/LEED/SKA/WELL Assessor would be beneficial.
· Sustainable Procurement knowledge and experience.
· Enthusiastic about sustainability.
· Strong people person.
· Able to influence and help make recommendations which reach senior level on areas from strategy, policy and reporting.
· Provide a role model and advocate for the others in the business, demonstrating environmental awareness and good behaviours.
· Strong project and budget management skills combined with high energy to set dynamic pace of delivery.
This is a hugely exciting time to join my client’s high-profile business in a newly created position. Your contribution will positively impact the business, the wider real estate sector and the communities in which my client works.
Rewards & Benefits
Joining my clients Planning Team will provide opportunities to meaningfully contribute to the growth of the business and allow individuals to develop their career with hands on support from leading industry experts. In addition, they offer excellent remuneration, an additional bonus scheme, one of the most generous benefits packages in the industry, exposure to a highly regarded professional team and top-end clients; opportunities for Continued Professional Development (CPD) and a rewarding corporate culture and working environment.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.