Senior Technical Director – Head of Consents
UK Wide • Up to £100K + Car & Exceptional Bens Inc Generous Bonus • Ref: JSM 1016
Posted 9th May 2022
Career defining opportunity to join one of the UK’s most highly regarded consultancies, with a reputation for outstanding work, fantastic culture and continuous progression and learning.
My client requires a Senior Technical Director with a strong track record of leading the environmental and consenting aspects of complex major projects, with particular focus on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects/Development Consent Orders.
You will play a key role leading and developing a significantly sized team of specialist set for further growth ahead.
Their projects span all consenting regimes, all sectors and all phases of the project life cycle from needs case development through to construction.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in delivering successful consenting strategies, extensive NSIP experience, and producing robust and high-quality EIAs, winning work, as well as driving excellent collaboration with design teams that drive project success.
UK Flexible. The role can be based anywhere in the UK and could even be part time (4 days a week)
Responsibilities & Tasks
· Delivering projects across multiple consenting regimes including Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Act Orders, Town and Country Planning Act, Hybrid Bill etc.
· Drive the growth of the planning and consenting capability, as part of an integrated Planning and Impact and Assessment offering.
· Leading multi-disciplinary teams in winning and delivering work, and growing our technical capability.
· Developing and taking to market, value propositions.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· Proven track record of delivering projects across multiple consenting regimes including Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Act Orders, Town and Country Planning Act, Hybrid Bill etc.
· Experience across multiple sectors and all stages of the project life cycle including strategic optioneering, single option development, EIA, requirements discharge post consent and detailed design and construction.
· Demonstrable experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams and growing technical capability.
· Leading project teams through planning inquiries or examinations – expert witness experience is desirable.
· Be able to establish a strong internal and external network to support the successful delivery of projects.
· Have experience of working at a senior level with diverse internal and external stakeholders, and evidence of building effective client relationships.
· Display first class communication, interpersonal, relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills.
· Demonstrate ability to drive innovation and a growth mindset culture within a business.
· Experience across multiple sectors and all stages of environmental and planning consultancy’s project life.
· Demonstrable successful experience of directing major pursuits, with excellent commercial experience.
· Degree level qualification in town planning, Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject.
· Qualification recognised for Chartership of the RTPI.
· Full Membership of the RTPI.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.