My Ecology based New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Enhance Field Skills: I will dedicate time to sharpen fieldwork skills, such as species identification, survey techniques, and data collection methods.
2. Professional Development: I am committing to continuous learning through online courses, regular volunteering and networking with industry professionals.
3. Enhance my own garden to benefit wildlife: My garden is a great place to practice what I preach and I will research and implement a raft of ideas to improve it’s contribution to nature.
4. Volunteer for Conservation: Dedicate time to volunteer with local conservation groups, contributing to hands-on conservation efforts locally.
5. Reduce Ecological Footprint: Focus on reducing personal ecological footprints through sustainable lifestyle changes, waste reduction, and energy conservation.
6. Start doing podcasts: I have been threatening to do this for some time now and have some great ideas for interesting people to speak to. No more procrastinating, time to put my money where my mouth is! Watch this space.
7. Mentorship and Education: Offer mentorship to emerging Ecologists and engage in educational outreach programs to inspire the next generation.
8. Raise Public Awareness: Play an active role in educating the public about local ecosystems, biodiversity, and the importance of conservation efforts in the UK.
By adopting these resolutions, I hope I can contribute significantly to the conservation and improvement of our ecosystems present in the UK and beyond.
Director, JSM Associates
I have worked within the Environmental and Sustainability sector for 20 years, making me one of the most established and well connected networkers in the market.
Principal/Associate Planner DCO
Ireland, North West, Scotland, UK Wide, Flexible Home Working • £55K to £80K + Significant BensView and Apply
EIA Consultant – Leading Independent Niche Consultancy
Central London, South East, Flexible Home Working • Up to £45K + Significant BensView and Apply
Engagement Lead – Nature Recovery
East Anglia, Flexible Home Working, UK Wide • Circa £50K to £58K + Excellent BensView and Apply