The Information We Collect
JSM Associates may collect and use the following information about you:
- information contained in your CV;
- information contained in any documents that you send to any of us for identity verification purposes such as your passport or driving licence;
- information when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with one any of our websites;
- if you contact any of us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on any of our websites. This includes information provided to any us at the time of registering to use any of our websites (where applicable), subscribing to any of our services (where applicable), personalising any of our websites with your preferences or requesting further services;
- details of your visits to any of our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources that you access;
- information about yourself provided by you to any of us for specific purposes.
On occasions we may also collect - sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. If you provide any of us with any sensitive personal information, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
To help us improve our services, if you send any of us personal information which identifies you via e-mail, we may keep your email and your e-mail address. Each of us may also collect information that is available from your browser.
Use of Your Information
If JSM Associates collects information from you, or you provide information to any of us, we will inform you why we have collected the information (if applicable) and what we will use it for and ask you whether you are happy for us or other third parties identified to contact you with regard to similar services or unrelated services.
Except for the mailing list activities which each of us runs on some parts of our websites, where you explicitly consent to receive materials from us, we will not use your personal information collected from our websites to carry out unsolicited marketing activities. You may change your choice at any time by contacting each of us at firstname.lastname@example.org
JSM Associates may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information or services that you expressly request from any of us or which any us feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and any of us;
- to notify you about changes to any of our service;
- for client service, product analysis and market research purposes;
- to meet any of our obligations under any applicable laws or regulations;
- to carry out any obligations or provide you with any other services, functionality or content which you specifically agree to on any of our websites.
If you are a candidate then, in addition to the above uses, each of us may also use information held about you:
- to process your application to register with any of us;
- for matching you with any of our clients and placing you with any of our clients for work assignments;
- for payment processing purposes;
- for contract engagement and processing purposes;
- to carry out credit assessments and identity verification, right to work, criminal record and background employment reference checks;
- for general records administration purposes.
If you are an existing candidate, unless you ask any of us to provide you with additional marketing information we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you (where applicable).
If you are registering as a new candidate, and where any of us permits selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
JSM Associates may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you:
- in the event that any of us sell or buy any business or assets, in which case each of us may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in the event that any of us outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your information in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your information as undertaken by us;
- if any of us are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce other agreements or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- where any of us use your information to carry out credit assessments we will need to share your information with credit reference agencies to assess your eligibility to register with us as a candidate and to verify your identity;
- each of us may share your information with our associates, UK and overseas law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities and other relevant bodies for crime prevention purposes;
- each of us may share your information with our associates if they provide any products or services to you on our behalf.
We will NOT disclose your personal information to any third party for purposes beyond the seeking of employment and recruitment services
JSM Associates will keep confidential any data or other information which any of us hold on you. Each of us may however disclose some or all of this information if:
- any of us are required to by any other governmental, judicial, law enforcement or regulatory bodies;
- you consent to the disclosure;
- any of us need to for a legitimate business reason; or
- any of us have stated that we may in this document.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive. Job alerts can also be received via RSS feeds without having to provide your email address.
Curriculum vitae (\"CV\")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the JSM Associates database, and will be accessible by JSM Associates recruitment consultants.
All information that you provide to us in physical form such as documents will be stored securely at our offices or at a secure storage facility.
All information you provide to us electronically is stored on our secure servers. Where any of us has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. All sensitive personal data you provide to us is stored within secure folders.
Security of shared information
Unfortunately, sending information to any of us via post, fax, email or the internet is not completely safe and secure. Although each of us will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information sent to us by any of these means and any information sent to us in this way is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will each use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold in accordance with your rights under The Data Protection Act 1998. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com
If you would like to remove your name from the database please contact us to request for your account to be closed at any time, which will be confirmed by JSM Associates within 48 hours of your request.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
If you want to change, update or delete / deactivate your registration or any information that we hold on you then you can request this by writing to us at The Astrolabe, Cheddar Business Park, Wedmore Road, Cheddar. Somerset. BS27 3SD or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When we delete your record it will be permanently deleted but your information may still exist in backup copies for up to 90 days but can not be viewed by others.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferal to another website - where data privacy practices may be different to that of JSM Associates. Visitors should consult the other websites\' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
JSM Associates is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Our site may sometimes contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
If you have any enquires you can contact us at: email@example.com or by writing to us at
JSM Associates Limited
Cheddar Business Park
Our registered office is at: