Associate Director – Marine EIA
UK Wide • £55K - £75K + Significant Bens Package • Ref: JSM 12173
Posted 17th December 2021
A fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role within an established marine, coastal and riverside consenting team of this highly sought-after global consultancy.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and support my client’s growing marine and coastal portfolio of projects in the UK and globally. You will bring demonstrable experience of marine and coastal consenting and the ability to manage and provide environmental inputs to complex projects across a range of sectors such as ports and harbours, offshore energy and infrastructure, coastal and riverside mixed-use developments, as well as taking a leading role in developing the team.
My client is one of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies developing innovative solutions to reduce pollution and restore natural environments.
The work is varied and exciting and you’ll have the responsibility for leading a dedicated team of consultants
You will also be part of a much larger collaborative and supportive Environment and sustainability team within a company that has a great culture.
The role can be based anywhere from one of my client’s offices across the UK – and offers a very flexible approach to remote working.
About the Opportunity
You will manage and deliver environmental inputs to my clients growing list of marine and coastal infrastructure and development projects, providing environmental and consenting advice and input across all stages of the project lifecycle; from site selection and early consenting strategy development, through feasibility, optioneering/ option selection, outline design, to detailed design, discharging of consents and construction.
My client is looking for an individual passionate about delivering effective environmental and sustainability inputs and positively influencing the performance of marine and coastal development projects.
You’ll be able to demonstrate experience in coordinating and managing multidisciplinary environmental inputs to complex and large-scale marine and coastal projects. Ideally you should have experience of working in a multidisciplinary team, such as with engineering and marine planning specialists, to influence the design and proactively mitigate potential environmental effects.
You will be able to set the strategic direction of projects as well as effectively manage resources and budgets. You should be able to demonstrate experience of consultation and engagement with a range of consultees, such as the Marine Management Organisation, Marine Scotland, Natural England and Environment Agency. Experience and a detailed understanding of the relevant regulatory frameworks including Habitats Regulations Assessment, and/ or expertise in specific disciplines, such as marine ecology, would be an advantage.
Your Key Tasks & Responsibilities Will Be
· Assisting with leading and building the marine and coastal environment team in the UK
· Liaising with clients and internal teams to provide marine and coastal environmental and consenting advice and set the strategic direction of projects
· Managing and coordinating multidisciplinary environmental inputs across a range of marine and coastal projects, including technical review of outputs of internal and external teams
· Leading and supporting the identification of new business opportunities and delivering associated fee proposals
· Working collaboratively across the business to provide a multidisciplinary approach to marine and coastal projects
Ideally You Will Have the Following
· Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related discipline
· Master’s degree in a related discipline (advantageous)
· A strong track record in, and a passion for, the marine and coastal sector and in developing sustainable initiatives
· A thorough understanding of the various consenting routes and the UK/ international marine policy and regulatory framework(s)
· Ability to confidently engage with a range of stakeholder groups
· Ability to collaborate and lead multidisciplinary marine and coastal projects with a range of environmental and engineering specialists
· Able to lead and manage a team
· Good project management and organisational skills, including effective budget management
· Good client management skills
As part of my clients Impact Assessment team, which forms part of a Global Impact Assessment group, you will be building on their existing successes through a continued focus on national impact assessment work, alongside targeting large, strategic projects within their global geographic territories
About This Opportunity
My client is one of the top consultant companies working across the UK as well as Globally. They apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across building, transport, environment & health and energy. Their projects are inspiring.
At their core is a friendly, open and supportive environment.
Rewards & Benefits
This client offers a highly competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit and supports services package. Benefits include matched employer pension contribution, private medical insurance, travel insurance, 27 days holiday, CSR days and social activities.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans.
You will receive significant training as well as great scope for further progression and reward. You will also have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.