Associate Director - Environmental Planning
Bristol, South Coast, South East, South West, UK Wide • £55K - £65K + Significant Bens Package • Ref: JSM 12172
Posted 17th December 2021
A fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role within an established Environmental Planning team of this highly sought-after global consultancy. My clients team provide a range of services to a variety of clients across sectors such as property, renewables, infrastructure, industrial, commercial and government.
My client is one of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies developing innovative solutions to reduce pollution and restore natural environments.
The work is varied and exciting and you’ll have the responsibility for leading a dedicated team of consultants
My client is looking for someone with an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial approach, looking to take that next step up in their career. You will also be part of a much larger collaborative and supportive Environment and sustainability team within a company that has a great culture.
The role can be based anywhere from one of my client’s main offices across the South of England and offers a very flexible approach to remote working.
About the Opportunity
As part of my clients Impact Assessment team, which forms part of a Global Impact Assessment group, you will be building on their existing successes through a continued focus on national impact assessment work, alongside targeting large, strategic projects within their global geographic territories.
This role will see you joining the leadership team. You will take day-to-day responsibility for the management of the team. You will manage and deliver environmental inputs primarily to urban regeneration and master planning projects, providing strategic and project specific environmental advice across all stages of the project lifecycle.
The team is currently working on some of the largest masterplan schemes in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across this multi-disciplinary business, working with inhouse technical specialist groups (Air Quality, Noise & Vibration, Ecology, Landscape & Urban Design, Water Resources and Flood Risk, Ground Contamination, Waste, Climate & Human Health).
Although the role would primarily be focused on property projects, there would also be the opportunity to work on transport, infrastructure and renewable energy schemes.
You should be passionate about delivering effective environmental and sustainability inputs and positively influencing the performance of key projects. You will be able to set the strategic direction of projects, as well as effectively manage resources and budgets.
· Assisting with leading and expanding the Environmental Impact team, including business planning, recruitment and training.
· Leading, collaborating and supporting on the identification of EIA and environmental business opportunities, delivering associated proposals, developing and maintaining trusted advisor relationships.
· Providing both strategic and project specific EIA and environmental advice to clients and specialists.
· Directing, managing and delivering EIAs and environmental input for predominantly urban regeneration and masterplan projects, including technical sign-off of technical assessment and budget management; and
· Mentoring and line managing team members.
Ideally You Will Have the Following
· Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related discipline.
· A strong track record in, and experience of, EIA consultancy in the urban regeneration sector, with a passion for developing sustainable solutions.
· A thorough understanding of the UK policy and regulatory framework for EIA.
· Ability to confidently engage with a range of stakeholder groups.
· Ability to collaborate on and lead urban regeneration projects with a range of environmental, design and engineering specialists.
· Experience of managing a team.
· Good project management and organisational skills, including effective budget management.
· Good client management skills, strong commercial awareness and demonstrable business development track record
· Develop and provide technical leadership of the carbon topic within the company’s Impact Assessment services
· Work with the engineering and design teams, including transport and building, to develop low carbon designs
· Be the point of contact between the Environment and Health teams
· Regularly update the wider business on product and client development and delivery
· Mentor existing staff and recruit to grow the team as needed
· Project manage client relationships, budgets and team resources
About This Opportunity
My client is one of the top consultant companies working across the UK as well as Globally. They apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across building, transport, environment & health and energy. Their projects are inspiring.
At their core is a friendly, open and supportive environment.
Rewards & Benefits
This client offers a highly competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit and supports services package. Benefits include matched employer pension contribution, private medical insurance, travel insurance, 27 days holiday, CSR days and social activities.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans.
You will receive significant training as well as great scope for further progression and reward. You will also have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.