Senior Climate Change Consultant
Central London • Circa £50K to £60K + Market Leading Benefits Package • Ref: JSM 12141
Posted 18th October 2021
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Senior Climate Change Consultant to join one of the most sought-after firms globally. My client is one of the most highly regarded Consultancy firms to work for, they work at the forefront of Sustainability and Climate Change Consulting and boasts some of the most talented minds in the industry.
We are looking for someone to support their growing portfolio of projects, focusing on the major cross-cutting agenda of climate change and to help embed low carbon, climate resilient and circular outcomes into the projects we deliver. Work is likely to include:
· climate change impact and risk assessments;
· advisory for adaptation and resilience;
· carbon and greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions assessment, including inventory development and projection;
· climate change strategy and policy advisory;
· climate financing advisory, cost benefit assessment, offset design;
· Environmental Impact Assessment climate change submissions;
· circular economy business model development and design strategies.
You will work across sectors, markets and geographies and with academics, colleagues and clients to deliver these services. You will make use of the latest digital knowhow to complete statistical and data analytics base studies, including using machine learning, bespoke scripting and data science tools.
You will work within a growing international team with diverse backgrounds in architecture, engineering, planning, climate science, and economics in the vanguard of sustainable development and transformational change. The team delivers a varied and impactful portfolio of projects in many market segments, including international development, cities, transport, property, science and industry and the health and life sciences sectors. My clients core team of climate change specialists sits within the wider ADE Group of over 300 digital technology and engineering analysts based in offices in London, Manchester, Singapore, Berlin and New York. They work at scales ranging across national, sectoral, city, organisation, programme and asset levels, helping clients manage the risks and opportunities posed by climate change physical impacts and the transition to a net zero carbon future.
Responsibilities & Tasks
We require the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate the below:
· Experience in design, construction and research environments;
· Experience of driving change in organisations;
· Excellent qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills;
· Excellent report writing and communication skills;
· Excellent people management skills, including development management, mentoring and support;
· Working knowledge of international, UK, policy, legislative, and planning frameworks for climate change;
· Excellent project management including team leadership, scheduling and budget /resources management;
· Business development including bid leadership, proposal creation and client relationship management.
Potential candidates are likely to be able to demonstrate experience in some of the following areas:
Climate change transitions and mitigation:
· Experience of undertaking assessments and developing inventories of GHG emissions and their future projection;
· Life-cycle, production, and consumption-based footprinting methodologies; both development and application;
· Experience of life cycle assessment (LCA) tools and/or those used in top-down assessments such as application of multi-regional input output databases;
· Experience of developing and delivering climate change mitigation and emissions reduction advice, strategy and policy design;
· Experience of applying circular economy principles to deliver tangible changed outcomes on projects, in businesses or in policy;
· Experience integrating inputs from diverse disciplines to achieve client outcomes with ambition, creativity and highly-developed critical thinking;
· Evidence of capability to think in terms of systems to identify route causes of barriers to climate action and design systemic solutions.
Climate change adaptation and resilience:
· Experience of undertaking climate change impact and risk assessments;
· Experience of developing climate change adaptation and resilience strategies;
· Theoretical understanding of the climate system and formulation of climate change and meteorological models and projection datasets;
· Experience of applying downscaling techniques for the generation of future climate change scenarios;
· Data, statistical and analytical skills to deal with uncertainty, sensitivity assessment, and extreme value analysis;
· Experience of work in a climate change impact sector, e.g. flood risk or heat impacts.
· Degree from a top institution
· Higher level degree in a suitable topic is highly desirable
· Should be Chartered or working towards Chartership with an appropriate institution
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.