Senior Sustainability Consultant
UK Wide • Circa £45K – £60K DoE • Ref: JSM 12120
Posted 16th August 2021
Exciting opportunity within a leading global Environmental and Assurance Consultancy.
I am looking for an ambitious Sustainability professional to join this Global consultancy in their established team. Playing a key role within the Sustainability Group, you will be responsible for the provision of sustainability services to a suite of high-profile clients.
Capitalising on my client’s huge portfolio of existing clients as well as a wealth of internal resources at your disposal, you will have uncapped potential in building your career.
Working in close partnership with the Director of the team you will be responsible for a number of key clients and projects. You will be undertaking the delivery of research, assurance and verification assignments, as well as partaking in commercial initiatives, such as bid writing and development.
This exceptional role offers you the chance to join an influential team within a truly global leading organisation, working with some of the world’s biggest brands. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
My client is willing to consider exceptional individuals located anywhere in the UK as long as they are willing to travel to London on a regular basis.
Experience & Skills Required
· A background in Sustainability Report Assurance or Sustainable Finance
· A relationship orientated professional (customers, international network, and teams)
· Experience with one (or more) of the following sustainability standards/guidelines: GRI Guidelines, AA1000 series, UN Global Compact, CDP Climate Change
· Knowledge and interest in a range of sustainability issues, including materiality assessments and supply chain issues
· Strong analytical and processing skills
· Strong inter-personal and management skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· Flexible approach and a team player
· Strong English language skills (spoken and written)
· A degree in a relevant subject: Environment, Sustainability, carbon or mathematical (MSc preferred) or equivalent experience
· IEMA or similar membership
Main Duties & Responsibilities
To lead and manage a range of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability assurance projects. More specifically, to conduct and oversee the delivery of research, assurance and verification assignments as well as to contribute to the development of new and growth of existing business whilst maintaining a good level of awareness of cross-selling potential in other Divisions.
· Undertake a variety of quantitative and qualitative verification tasks through knowledge of sustainability standards including GRI Guidelines, AA1000 series, ISAE3000 series amongst others
· Conduct verification and assurance activities as part of the delivery of client projects
· Make decisions regarding contracts, clients, team and own workload with the overview and guidance of the Manager
· Make decisions on project delivery on a daily basis, assign work to colleagues accordingly
· Manage the relationship with clients and build trust as part of project delivery
· Undertake and/or oversee site visits to client sites and offices
· Ensure the quality of delivered assignments through following company protocols and set standards
· Keep up to date with current developments within sustainability
· Lead and contribute to business development activities
· Ensure a safe, environmentally conscious and high quality culture
· Ownership of individual utilisation target
· Delivery of projects within time allocated and to the high quality standards required
· Training records kept up to date
· Provision of technical guidance to other team members
· Delivery against personal and divisional KPIs
· Mentoring and supervision of other team members, particularly around day to day tasks, assigning work and projects
· Active involvement in recruitment helping to ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time to the right level of capability
Benefits of this Role/Employer
· Working at the forefront of the industry alongside leading air-quality professionals
· Gain significant responsibility compared to your current role
· Huge variety of work, both public and private sector
· Significant career progression
· Policy as well as development led work
· Repeatedly voted a top employer in surveys
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will be a key member of the growing team.
Rewards & Benefits
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and car allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.