Wales, UK Wide • £25K to £35K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 12116
Posted 5th August 2021
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Energy Consultant/Specialist to join this leading engineering and consulting company at the forefront of energy and carbon reduction.
My client provides strategic energy and carbon reduction consultancy services to a range of organisations from large global corporates to housebuilders and developers. They enable them to enhance long-term energy sustainability and reach net-zero carbon emissions.
With low-carbon technology, data and sustainability at the core of their ethos and business model, my client is leading the smart energy revolution, serving the energy industry, the industrial, commercial and public sectors, as well as the wider domestic market to realise the environmental and financial benefits of smarter energy practice.
Purpose of the Role
In this key role you will be part of an established team focusing on supporting a range of clients with reductions in energy consumption, sustainable energy and providing energy assets on a micro-macro level. My client provides cost and carbon abatement solutions, enabling strategic decisions to be made relating to the management of energy and investment in technology.
You will be developing opportunities through forensically and analysing energy data, both on-site and remotely. Undertaking technical audits and of energy services and technologies to facilitate cost savings.
Projects will be identified and presented to clients as business cases following analysis of the costs and benefits.
Once the energy projects has been accepted by the client, you will be involved in delivering the work. You will work as a project manager supported by other members of the team. As and when required, you must be willing to travel both nationally and potentially internationally.
Cardiff (flexible homeworking available)
· Undertake data analysis for buildings and energy systems.
· Undertake in-depth energy audit of buildings and energy systems.
· Research and keep up to date with energy saving technology and system improvements.
· Produce high-quality, client-focused energy audit reports including recommendations prioritized by return on investment
· Liaise with clients to establish requirements and present business cases.
· Provide strategic advice relating to energy, carbon and utilities management.
· Deliver energy reduction projects and post-implementation savings verification.
· Plan and develop projects in an independent manner with guidance from senior consulting colleagues.
· Possess a Degree or equivalent in an engineering or physical sciences discipline.
· Specific energy management, energy engineering or building services training.
· Membership of a relevant professional body or equivalent qualification or experience.
· An in-depth understanding of mechanical and electrical energy systems and solutions appropriate to consumption mitigation.
· Experience of consulting on energy management in the context of a programme of energy audits, monitoring & targeting solutions or the design of energy conservation measures.
· Experience in the identification and delivery of energy reduction projects.
· Possessing data analysis skills and experience of using these skills to understand and target appropriate energy saving opportunities.
· Experience of generating cost benefit analyses for energy projects and the verification of energy savings following project implementation.
· A broad understanding of the legislative environment surrounding energy efficiency, carbon emissions and the net zero transition.
· Experience of design, installation or project management of mechanical or electrical engineering projects.
· Experience of energy or building services modelling packages (e.g. IES, TAS, Energy Pro).
· Experience of macros, programming or other forms of automation for the development of efficient processes.
· Clear and effective written and verbal communication with technical specialists and senior stakeholders.
· Experience of independently managing projects and ensuring work is delivered as expected to a high standard within the allocated timeframe and budget.
My client is a leading brand in the market and has a reputation as a great place to work, both from a professional and social perspective. They provide excellent remote working solutions to their staff. You will have unparalleled opportunities to develop and grow your experience by being given significant responsibility as well as scope to develop your own ideas.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary, along with significant training and support, also offering significant training and support staff to obtain Chartership.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.