Climate Change Specialist
Central London • Up to £50K + Exceptional Bens • Ref: JSM 12110
Posted 19th July 2021
Exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Climate Change specialist to join one of the most sought-after firms globally. My client is one of the most highly regarded to work for, they work at the forefront of Sustainability and Climate Change Consulting and boasts some of the most talented minds in the industry.
Working at Local and National level they provide strategic advice to a whole range of prestigious clients, supporting them in achieving net zero and climate change resilience.
This role will see you at the forefront of advising and developing policies, integrating multiple services to support the drive towards a more sustainable future.
My client is looking for someone to support their growing portfolio of projects, focusing on the major cross-cutting agenda of climate change and to help embed low carbon, climate resilient and circular outcomes into the projects they deliver.
Work is likely to include:
· Climate change impact and risk assessments;
· Advisory for adaptation and resilience;
· Carbon and greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions assessment, including inventory development and projection;
· Climate change strategy and policy advisory;
· Climate financing advisory, cost benefit assessment, offset design;
· Environmental Impact Assessment climate change submissions;
· Circular economy business model development and design strategies.
You will work across sectors, markets and geographies and with academics, colleagues and clients to deliver these services. You will make use of the latest digital knowhow to complete statistical and data analytics base studies, including using machine learning, bespoke scripting and data science tools.
You will work within a growing international team with diverse backgrounds in architecture, engineering, planning, climate science, and economics in the vanguard of sustainable development and transformational change. My client’s team delivers a varied and impactful portfolio of projects in many sectors, including international development, cities, transport, property, science and industry and the health and life sciences sectors. The core team of climate change specialists sits within the wider Group of over 300 digital technology and engineering analysts based in offices across the UK and globally. My client works at scales ranging across national, sectoral, city, organisation, programme and asset levels, helping clients manage the risks and opportunities posed by climate change physical impacts and the transition to a net zero carbon future.
London 2 days a week, flexible arrangements to suit
Ideally You Will Have The Following
Able to demonstrate experience of transformational impact on projects and organisations, with a strong and evidenced commitment to sustainable development. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the below:
· Experience in design, construction and research environments;
· Experience of driving change in organisations;
· Excellent qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills;
· Excellent report writing and communication skills;
· Excellent people management skills, including development management, mentoring and support
· Working knowledge of international, UK, policy, legislative, and planning frameworks for climate change;
You are likely to be able to demonstrate experience in some of the following areas:
Climate change transitions and mitigation:
· Experience of undertaking assessments and developing inventories of GHG emissions and their future projection;
· Life-cycle, production, and consumption-based footprinting methodologies; both development and application;
· Experience of life cycle assessment (LCA) tools and/or those used in top-down assessments such as application of multi-regional input output databases;
· Experience of developing and delivering climate change mitigation and emissions reduction advice, strategy and policy design;
· Experience of applying circular economy principles to deliver tangible changed outcomes on projects, in businesses or in policy;
Climate change adaptation and resilience:
· Experience of undertaking climate change impact and risk assessments;
· Experience of developing climate change adaptation and resilience strategies;
· Theoretical understanding of the climate system and formulation of climate change and meteorological models and projection datasets;
· Experience of applying downscaling techniques for the generation of future climate change scenarios;
· Data, statistical and analytical skills to deal with uncertainty, sensitivity assessment, and extreme value analysis;
· Experience of work in a climate change impact sector, e.g. flood risk or heat impacts.
· Experience in climate change consulting/advisory;
· Relevant degree;
· Higher level degree or qualification in a suitable topic is highly desirable;
· Chartered or working towards Chartership with an appropriate institution.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.