Environmental Permitting Consultant
Bristol, East Midlands, North West, UK Wide • £27K - £30K Depending on Experience • Ref: JSM 12085
Posted 18th May 2021
My client is a fiercely independent consultancy with a fabulous reputation in the market. They have an enviable culture as well as an exciting portfolio of high profile and challenging projects across the UK.
As a consultant in Environmental Permitting, you will join a team of highly experienced staff who can offer technical advice on negotiating the complexities of environmental regulation and how current and future legislation may affect client’s existing or proposed operations. My client works for a broad range of clients across several industry sectors including waste and energy/combustion, and water/effluent treatment, and offer support and advice as project managers or alternatively as partners to an existing project team.
The role will report on a day-to-day basis to the Director of Environmental Permitting and working with others in the team or my client’s other multi-disciplinary project teams, as required.
The role will primarily be office based with travel required attending client meetings and sites as required. Continued Professional Development and career training is available to facilitate future career and knowledge development.
· Having responsibility for helping to win/developing new business within Environmental Permitting (industrial, waste, minerals or other associated fields), Environmental Management and Compliance;
· Using your experience and technical knowledge of regulatory compliance and permitting to produce high end technical reports.
· Being responsible for the management of other staff within the Permitting team
· Technical knowledge of regulatory compliance and permitting.
· You will need to gather, assimilate and analyse information (including numerical data) that may not relate to your core discipline, e.g. engineering information from oil and gas projects.
· You will need to be organised and use your time management skills to produce reports from a variety of projects.
· BSc in Geography/Environmental Science (or equivalent).
· 3+ years experience in environmental compliance and permitting.
· Experience of working with the UK regulators.
· Previous experience of consultancy would be advantageous but is not essential.
· Driving licence.
· Eligibility to work and reside in the UK.
Bristol – other locations considered, Manchester or Sheffield, with flexible working from home.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of core benefits. They offer time in lieu, flexible hours, contributory pension, discretionary bonus, phone and laptop, significant mileage rate or car rental, paid membership to relevant industry body. There is also significant scope for further progression.
Even if you are even cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.