Carbon Environment Impact Consultant - Associate
Bristol, Central London, Greater London, M4 Corridor, Scotland, South East, South West, West Midlands, UK Wide • £55K - £65K + Generous Performance Bonus & Significant Benefits Package • Ref: JSM 12029
Posted 2nd February 2021
A great opportunity to join the Sustainability & Climate Department of a well-established global company. Your team provides a range of services to a wide variety of clients across sectors such as industrial, commercial and government.
My client is one of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies developing innovative solutions to reduce pollution and restore natural environments.
You would be leading the carbon topic to my client’s impact assessment services in the UK, playing a leading role in reducing carbon in transport and building infrastructure projects.
My client is looking for someone with an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial approach. You will be part of a large collaborative and supportive team and this company has a great culture of rewarding initiative and promoting continual improvement.
The role can be based anywhere from one of my client’s main offices – they have a very flexible approach to remote working.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· An in-depth knowledge and demonstrable track record of addressing carbon within the UK and international environment impact assessment
· Understanding of guidance from IEMA, contained with the DMRB and of the requirements of EP4
· Experience of climate resilience would be an advantage
· Thorough understanding of GHG Protocol, PAS 2080, ISO 50001 and of UK and international emissions factors and foot printing tools and methodologies
· Be commercially astute with accurate communication and reporting skills
· Good project management ability with the confidence to build good team relationships both internally and externally
· Excellent communication skills
· Confidence to react quickly and appropriately the changing market conditions
· Develop and provide technical leadership of the carbon topic within the company’s Impact Assessment services
· Work with the engineering and design teams, including transport and building, to develop low carbon designs
· Be the point of contact between the Environment and Health teams
· Regularly update the wider business on product and client development and delivery
· Mentor existing staff and recruit to grow the team as needed
· Project manage client relationships, budgets and team resources
About This Opportunity
My client is one of the top consultant companies working across the UK, applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions across building, transport, environment & health and energy. Their projects are inspiring and you would be working in a friendly, open and supportive environment.
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.