West Midlands • £33K - £40K + Generous Bens Package • Ref: JSM 11995
Posted 5th October 2020
An exciting Senior Ecologist position has become available within this prestigious multi-disciplinary consultancy client of mine. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Ecologist to play a lead role in building a Midlands team around them.
My client is seeking an ambitious Ecologist who is at, or close to, Senior Consultant grade to join their national team working on a variety of key infrastructure and other significant development projects. The workload will be varied, covering a broad range of Ecology services. You will be taking a lead role in managing and developing the Midlands office with support from the wider ecological team. Your work will include providing ecological surveys and reporting, ecological mitigation design and other related tasks. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding UK wide team delivering on a number of key projects.
Birmingham City Centre Office, with very flexible working arrangements available
Key Work Areas
· Managing, coordinating and undertaking ecological surveys for a range of species
· Producing high quality reports
· Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery services ideally for protected species
· Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities
· Liaising with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects
· Delivering complex projects on time and to budget
· Supporting and mentoring junior staff
· Contributing to the UK team strategy
The successful candidates shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
· Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
· Protected species licence(s) would be advantageous
· Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification
· MSc in a relevant environmental discipline (desirable but not essential)
· Full clean UK driving licence
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of key benefits.
Even if you are even cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.