Principal/Deputy Team Lead Ecologist
West Midlands • £45K - £55K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 11938
Posted 9th December 2019
Note: This role is currently on hold due to C19. The client is hoping to mive forward with this again in due course, once the situation becomes clearer.
By all means submit your cv and we will be in touch with an update ASAP.
Exceptional opportunity for an ambitious Ecologist with ambitions to manage staff. This exciting opportunity gives you the chance to join an established team of experienced Ecologists working on a range of exciting and innovative projects nationally.
This fantastic opportunity represents the chance to join one of strongest and most dynamic ecology teams within the consultancy sector. The role offers great scope for working within a team of highly respected ecology professionals who pride themselves on their culture and ethos of being a great place to work. You will be working on a range of enviable projects using the most cutting-edge techniques and approaches to consulting available in the industry. You will have the chance to support the team both technically and as a deputy team lead.
This sizeable UK wide ecology team has an established office in Birmingham that requires a dynamic Ecologist at senior grade or above to support its further growth. The post comes with a highly competitive salary and package as well as significant scope for further progression and career development.
JSM are working exclusively with this leading Multi-Disciplinary consultancy as they look to fill pivotal roles in their Birmingham office. If you are at all interested in finding out more, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to provide you with further information.
What This Opportunity Offers You
By having the largest Ecology team of any UK consultancy, my client is able to secure much of the most desirable and innovative ecology work available. Joining this team will put you at the forefront of industry and significantly develop your expertise.
You will be provided with a highly competitive salary and package, as well as significant flexibility toward your working pattern. My client core ethos is a strong work life balance.
On top of this you will receive excellent career development and mentoring, you will be able to channel your career in the direction of your choice.
Highly recommended for an exploratory chat.
About The Role
You will be working on a range of large and prestigious projects across the region. This will include large rail and road schemes, urban regeneration, energy and power.
The role will be a good mix of office and field work, as well involvement in team and client management. You will be highly supported by the Regional Director and work as their second in command, hence able to influence and provide insight and ideas on the teams’ further development.
· Project Management - all elements from co-ordination of field surveys, to managing budgets and risk, client liaison and consultations with statutory and non-statutory consultees
· Desk studies - reviewing and assessing existing ecological information
· Ecological field surveys and training of junior staff
· Research projects, review of documentation, statistical analysis
· Assessment of the impacts of proposed developments, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
· Practical habitat creation work or other site supervision tasks
· Production of survey reports, Environmental Statement chapters, licence applications and other documents
· Attendance at meetings and providing advice to clients
· General administrative/management tasks relating to project quality, environmental issues, and health and safety (including risk assessment), and marketing
Capabilities & Qualifications
· You will hold a relevant Degree
· Full member of CIEEM
· Detailed knowledge of ecological principles, relevant wildlife legislation and ecological impact assessment
· In-depth knowledge of plant or animal groups and appropriate field survey skills
· Excellent commercial and project management skills
· Ability to lead a survey team
· Ideally hold Survey and/or Development Licences
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.