Senior/Principal/Associate Air Quality Consultant
North West • £35K – £48K + Comprehensive Bens Package • Ref: JSM 11921
Posted 5th September 2019
My client is currently looking for highly motivated Senior/Principal/Associate Air Quality consultants to join their growing Air Quality team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen to work in a fast-paced environment and be an instrumental part in helping to develop their Air Quality team.
This firm a highly successful multi-disciplinary international firm of building services consultants. With a focus on the built environment, their design-led service is supported by their commitment to innovation and engineering excellence.
My client works at the forefront of the building services with sustainable design central to everything they do.
This is an exciting time to join the business, they are focused on growth, both in the UK and overseas, large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth.
My clients’ broad range of projects include airports, hotels and resorts, performance venues, leisure facilities, art galleries, schools, universities, health care facilities and residential properties across the whole of the United Kingdom.
You will be working in a coordinated way with other junior team members, developing effective relationships to stimulate future business growth, developing new service areas and also supporting the day-to-day mentoring of junior staff members.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Providing and taking briefs and delivering on air quality projects from inception to completion
· Dispersion modelling using ADMS software packages – include ADMS Roads and ADMS 5
· Air quality assessment report writing, including for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
· Analysis of various data sets including road traffic and energy system information to assess projects
· Supporting more junior staff for onsite air quality monitoring
· Effectively managing and motivating colleagues within and outside of the HL team.
· Effectively delivering the required output
· Liaising with project team members and local authorities to agree approach and obtain the inputs needed for assessments
· Reviewing and commenting on information provided by the client and other members of the professional team for design purposes.
· Reviewing and commenting on information provided by contactors/sub-contractors and providing a written report on their compliance with the design and specification.
· Attending and contributing to design team meetings, client meetings, pre-contract
· Production of design advice documents to support ventilation strategies
· Effectively utilising and checking work undertaken by others
Qualifications & Memberships
· An achieved 2.1 or above in a Degree in engineering, science or maths
· A postgraduate qualification in environmental sciences, technology, engineering or environmental policy, such as an MSc would be beneficial
· Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM)
Skills & Experience
· Previous experience working in a senior role within an air quality consultancy
· Strong mathematical/quantitative analysis skills and understanding of physical and chemical processes
· Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
· Strong report writing and reviewing skills
· Interpretation of air quality monitoring data
· Knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques and strategies
· Extensive experience of using air dispersion models, to include ADMS packages
· Good organisational and planning skills
· Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
· A friendly, ambitious and positive individual with a flexible and resilient approach
· Ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales
· Able to develop effective client and fellow professional relationships at a project level for future business growth
· Able to positively work as part of a team and motivate junior team members
· Have an appreciation of fee cost control and resource planning
To reward your hard work and commitment as well as offering a competitive salary you will benefit from:
· Friendly and dynamic team working environment
· Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
· Collaboration with other engineering specialisms, with strong commitment to quality
· Opportunities for career progression
· Active support towards further professional accreditation
· Family friendly and flexible working policies
· Private medical scheme
· 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
· Contributory pension scheme
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.